It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Bush squirm...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I dont get to these parts much (politrix) but I figured this was where to post the video I just watched of a reporter in Ireland actually asking some questions of George Bush, not like the made for TV interviews you see on our American channels.
Anyway, watch this guy squirm like the low down snake that he is.
Enjoy!

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
lovely. too bad U.S. reporters are superficial when it comes to reporting the news.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Thats years ago, wasn't it filmed in shannon or something like that.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
For the portion that I saw (I gave it about 3 minutes because my connection is not doing great) Bush actually looked less squirmy than normal- which isn't saying much for Bush- but still, if the tone didn't change in a major way towards the end, then I'd have to say that this showing, though certainly nothing on the order of what we'd expect from a lot of others, was pretty much Bush at his best by today's standards.

Bush is not comfortable in front of cameras- he is overly conscious of the camera when he hasn't got a whole press corp in front of him to keep him from seeing the forest through the trees, so in a setting like that one he is uncomfortable with the feel of what he is saying and he has to begin again very often.

But that's not his biggest weakness. I like him a lot less, and consider him more squirmy, when he's hiding behind a podium, picking and choosing which reporter to take questions from, and then not even answering the questions he is asked, but instead just barks and barks about staying the course etc etc.

This interview is probably the most human I've seen George Bush in a long time. It tells me a lot about his psychology and frankly for him to be attacked over this one looks petty and mean (again, that's assuming that the tone is consistent throughout because my computer just was killing me).

You see, the marked difference between Bush in a room with an Irish reporter in Ireland and Bush in the White House press room basically stems from two things:

First, it's personalized. Bush lacks significantly in both ethics and American principles, but he also seems to be a very sentimental "nice guy" type- or if you prefer it in negative terms, he's soft. He can't behave the way he behaves to a human- only to an annonymous mass. (This is why the deer in headlights thing still comes back to him in interviews like this one- it's a meaningful conversation with a person being taped, not a pointless speech to an annonymous mass being taped).

Second, he's not on his home court. At home, half (actually a third now) of the annonymous mass supports him and half (actually two thirds now) has had it with him, and he can't fix that. Abroad, he doesn't understand that his friends and enemies are fixed. He lets himself believe that he can still win our "European Allies" back over if he makes his case as best he can and tries to be a nice guy about it.

This "squirmy" Bush is the Bush we should wish we had, if we had no choice but to be lead by Bush at all. This is a Bush who can be managed. Unfortunately Dr. Jekyll will step aside and Mr. Hyde will return the minute he sets foot back in the White House, so we'll never see proof of that.

If we had this Bush at home we could bend him and get him out of Iraq. We're attacking that? Hell, I know, it's still Bush, and that's never a great thing, but it's not the Decider.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I'd have to assume this video is quite old, there was no reference to the London bombings when Bush was rattling off terrorist attacks. Bush also mentioned Tony Blair as still leading Britain. Also there was mention of Bush's pal Ayad Allawi who was interim Iraqi PM until December 2005. So it's no newer than December 2005.

As far as a squirmy Bush, I think he was caught off guard by the directness of the reporters questions. He was getting a bit annoyed at being spoken over and verged on looking flustered at stages. So much so that he repeated himself and even blurted out a classic Bushism: my job is to do my job.

I enjoyed Bush being raked over the coals and being asked DECENT questions by a fearless reporter. She did her job and does her country credit. If only more American reporters had the access and the guts to ask the questions she did.

Thanks for the link!

top topics

join