It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion in Mojave Desert Airport, multiple dead/injured

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I just heard on the radio that there was a "rocket" that exploded at the airport.

I haven't seen this on the net yet, i just heard it on KERN 1410, at the 430newsbreak

At least 2 have died and 4 injured, so far, i will update when i can.
______

Heres a news story i found

www.foxnews.com...

no info really

Anyone else think we are having too many accidents latly

[edit on 7/26/2007 by TKainZero]

Mod Edit: Title.

[edit on 27/7/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Something's going on,folks... Too many explosions. New York, Dallas, the explosions being heard in Ventura Calif, now this...
I don't have a good feeling at all.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
According to the report, the blast appears to have possibly involved at least one vehicle owned by Scaled Composites.

Scaled Composites is the Burt Rutan company that developed SpaceShip One.

I hope Burt was not injured in the blast! That would be a loss the entire private aerospace movement.

Oddly, I just read recently where Lockheed/Martin had just completed negotions to buy out Scaled Composites.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Something's going on,folks... Too many explosions. New York, Dallas, the explosions being heard in Ventura Calif, now this...
I don't have a good feeling at all.

I agree here.

If it gets swept under the rug you know its an attack. No way they will admit all their precious "homeland security" efforts are a total failure.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Homeland security is a joke. Hell, they won't even secure our borders. How the hell can they say that the entire homeland is secure?

[edit on 26-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This explosion was at a small airport associated with experimental aerospace technology. I think it's far more likely to be an accident than terrorism-related.

BTW, I hope Rutan is OK too.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
This explosion was at a small airport associated with experimental aerospace technology. I think it's far more likely to be an accident than terrorism-related.

BTW, I hope Rutan is OK too.

This accident stuff is only going to go so far. You don't find it odd that there has been four explosions in as many days that have been labeled "accidents?" I find it very odd indeed.

[edit on 26-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

If it gets swept under the rug you know its an attack. No way they will admit all their precious "homeland security" efforts are a total failure.

just to play devils advocate, thats a far cry from what is being preached on these very boards. dont you think if it was a terrorist attack they would take these chances to install the dictatorship ive been hearing so much about?

jra

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
Oddly, I just read recently where Lockheed/Martin had just completed negotions to buy out Scaled Composites.

It's Northrop Grumman actually, not Lockheed Martin.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
When you mess with rocket fuels, sometimes they go boom....

I also hope Burt is unscathed and that the losses are few but I'm sure this will be bad as the location looked small and basically leveled. It seemed to be an outlying building hence my inclination to think this was the rocket engine test/assembly area....

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   
This is a little out of the box, but what if the fear that the entire nation is feeling is acting on a subconcious level, to make "accidents" happen.

I have amlways mantiained that the way you think controls the world around you, thus, millions of people on the edge waiting for an attack/explostion is creating a greater chance of an accidwent happening on some level, just out there.

Thanks for filling everyone in on the information, the info over the local radio was sketchy, they keep saying a rocket exploded, without saying that this hapen at a missle test facility.

I hope there are no more accidents... in any indrustries....

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I sincerely hope the man is ok, but it appears to be a fact already that a few have died.

Of course, it is perfectly reasonable that an accident happened, and a rocket blew up. However, my conspiracy lights are going off, and I can't help but wonder if somebody was trying to "take care" of those guys to ensure a big speed bump in the private space race.

Just speculating, awaiting more news.

[edit on 7/27/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Rutan, who arrived at Mojave after the accident, is tightlipped about his projects and gave little information about the test. But he said it had been done safely many times during the SpaceShipOne program and had been done once before for the SpaceShipTwo program.

Well Rutan was not one of the casulties.

Any one think there may be a link to the sabotaged computers for the ISS?

This Thread

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
A small fwiw about Mojave - Mohave.

Mojave is the correct spelling in California.

Mohave is the correct spelling in Arizona.

Reason being, a California postmaster - many years back - got tired of the confusion between the two states having communities with the same name and decreed the spelling as noted above in an effort to help clear things up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Explosions heard in Ventura, California?

top topics

join