It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Right" and the Right to own Guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I was thinking...

With all this talk around ATS and abroad about the possible coming of martial law in the US, one of the things that crossed my mind is the amount of gun owners in the US and the impact that situation would have if there were to be an all out declaration of martial law.

Bear with me here, but I think it is safe to say that the gun issue in the country is divided from the Right to the Left. The Right generally are more likely to own guns, create militias and possess automatic weapons, where as the left are more prone to strict gun laws and are less likely to own gun.

These are intentional generalizations for the sake of illustrating a point. Certainly there are always exceptions.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but I think that is fairly accurate representation of that state of guns in the US.

If we buy that rationale, then how does that impact the scenario of martial law?

IMO, the Right would be a great asset to this particular administration and the administration could potentially leverage the the Support (guns and all) of the Right to help maintain "order".

The Left would, again generally speaking, would be easily subdued so that dissent would be less of a problem.

After all, the guys with the gun usually gets listened to.

Any thoughts??

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   

IMO, the Right would be a great asset to this particular administration and the administration could potentially leverage the the Support (guns and all) of the Right to help maintain "order".

Most folks that would be considered "Right" in the US are small government types. Martial Law is going to go over like a turd in a punchbowl. The admistration can count on little to no public support from anywhere for Martial law even if there is another terrorist attack. I also would say that folks underestimate the number of "Lefties" that still exercise thier second amendment rights. "Right" Christians would be a major problem as would all of the inner city gangs plus your anarcist and every other disgruntled group under the sun.

Martial Law in the US is a pipe dream just as controlling Iraq with 160,000 troops is a pipe dream.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Or is it? With the religious undertones of this war "good vs evil" and the fact that the Christian Right is called Right for a reason, what if whatever put us into martial law became a new kind of crusade to cleanse the country?

As far as the Right not liking big government, isnt a dictatorship as small as you can make it?

My point is that if this administration could sell invading Iraq to this country, isn't it possible that they could put a sweet spin on martial law? And don't you think people would buy it under the influence of another major terror attack?

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The "Religious Right" is right on social issues but they value thier freedoms as much as anyone on the "Left" and I can guarentee you that an attempt at Martial Law wont go down well in the Christian Community, nor will it go down well in what is considered the Fundamentalist Christian Community.
Crusade to cleanse the country I think not most of the "Right" Christian problems with how things have gone in this country has to do with Abortion, Pushing God out of the Public Square, and the constant ridicule they are pummeled with by certain groups. "Right" Christians feel they have been betrayed by this administration on several issues.
Dictatorships require some sort of secret police force and a very robust military presence to keep it in power, the US doesnt have that.
There is no sweet spin on any type of Martial law and if it was tried I can see several state seceeding immediately, Texas, California, Oregon, Washington, Utah, Vermont New Hampshire, Maine and you can probably kiss most of the Deep South goodbye as well. So tell me how are 800,000 troops that are in the Continental US gonna take and control anything.

Not gonna do it wouldnt be prudent

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
UHHHHH HELLO?

Who . . .just who do you really think the NWO globalist traitorous puppet masters are going to come after first to trot off to the deah camps and guillotines?

The nice compliant lefties who want to join the globalists in a list of their values and sit around holding hands singing KUMBYA

or the Right/conservatives who are ready to fight to defend the already well Shredded Constitution?

I find not a hint of rational logic in the perspective that began this thread.

Who has been lobbying so hard against guns in every UNCONSTITUTIONAL way possible?

PRECISELY ALL THE GLOBALIST TRAITORS FROM SCUB TEDDY ON DOWN!

Sheesh.

Some extensive research MIGH raise some consciences . . . but I'm skeptical . . . seems a lot late for some folks.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I agree with BO XIAN on this the high priority targets for any attempt at Martial Law would be the bible believing Christians, followed closely by the constitution believing gun rights advocates, the two are not mutually exclusive by the way.

I find the idea of Martial Law within the US to be impossible without outside interference IE help for the US government from NATO and the UN.

I contend that the people of the US are just as capable of insurgency warfare as the Iraqis are and to top that off we have over 25 million trained military veterans alive today. Those folks swore an oath to the Constitution and not to Jorge Boosh and I doubt highly that Bush can rely on the military even at the senior levels, I find it more likely that Jorge Boosh would end up against a wall and shot along with a most of elites in government.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Well, I don't consider myself "left" as much as generally anti-authoritarian, however I suspect most people on the "right" would view my politics as "left".

However I am very pro-2nd amendment and a gun owner.

I think the marriage of the "right" and gun-rights advocates is one of convenience. Gun control advocates tend to be urban, gun rights advocates tend to be more rural. Similarly the "left" tends to be more urban and the "right" more rural.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
There are possibility 100 million gun owners in the USA.

Hell of a army!

Roper

new topics

top topics

join