It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can`t believe it, just saw a ufo.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Hi everyone

I just saw my first UFO, I really can`t quite believe it. Two hours ago I was at work, I went outside to smoke a cigarette, I was looking at the floor thinking about nothing and something caught my attention. It was a pulsating light, it was very far away and at first I thought it was a plane, but suddenly it began to go in the opposite direction and the pulses of light became more frequent, as I saw it reverse it began to go up and down and then it dissapeared. That is all I saw. The whole thing lasted not more than 30 seconds.

I am certain of the movements whatever I saw (I`m positive it was not a plane, I`m an aviation enthusiast and I know that those movements are not from any terrestrial craft, and by the way I live in a thirld world country, we have no black ops around here).

I just told my boss and one co worker right before we left, I took them both to the exact place and described what I saw.

This is the first time I see such a thing, I saw some strange beings when I was a child but never what I understand to be a UFO.

Camilo

Just draw a picture on paint, sorry for my poor drawing skills

Hope it works.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Sounds like it might have been a lens flare off a hang glider, hoaxer.
Welcome to the world of UFO spotters!

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I can't tell if SV is trying to be sarcastic or the whole "be a skeptic on everything except what they told me in high school physical science class and what Carl Sagan's books say" vibe that (s?)he typically spouts has taken over his/her brain.

But seriously, Camilo, if you are describing your viewing accurately and I have no reason to believe your not, no known phenomenon can explain it.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
I can't tell if SV is trying to be sarcastic or the whole "be a skeptic on everything except what they told me in high school physical science class and what Carl Sagan's books say" vibe that (s?)he typically spouts has taken over his/her brain.

Oh, now, that's not fair. I've always said that a UFO is a UFO until proven otherwise. Of course it means that there's just not enough information to identify it, whether it's Martians or model airplane enthusiasts. And I certainly can't say for sure that I know what it is from the description provided. So where does that leave any of us? Is it aliens? I would love it to be aliens. Is it a simple misinterpretation of something mundane? Maybe. But at this point, it's just a UFO. And if somebody claims something different, you bet I'm skeptical.

In this game, you're either a skeptic, or a sucker.

And I have no problem at all if somebody someday gives me a great big "I told you so!"

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I can't understand what people are doing in this forum when they comes with comments like SuicideVirus did, I think he deserves a warning...

But it's very interesting hearing about this, especially that it was pulsating and moving in weird directions not possible by any normal vehicle. Did it move very fast? And how did it disappear? Just fading away?

[edit on 2007/7/25 by TrappedSoul]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
That drawing has bad resolution, it could be anything.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Yeah what I saw the other night wasnt a pulsating bright light, but it was a bright light in the sky. Laying on my back talking with a friend Katy, we where both looking up at the sky. We both spotted the same star, I mean it looked like a star but it was moving very fast high up in the sky.
But it was so far away I just filed that under, neat!
Sometimes we all get to see thigns, while at times its one of those things.
You had to be there to get the feeling..
I know what your saying, and its good that you share with us your exp.
Theres plenty to see up there, and what ever it may be, theres sertinly much more going on up there than we know about.
Honestly my feeling about stuff I see in the sky is mostly governmental planes and stuff they would rather you not know about it.
So the government goes with the flow about aliens and UFO stuff, becasue it works for them just great!! You see UFO and most people want to say they saw an ET UFO when it was a top secret plane, that needs to be kept quite, so IMO all the UFO theories and researchers really helps getting projects very tight under wraps.. Its a lie within a lie.. So yes Ive seen plenty of UFO, but I know deep in my heart its other men flying what ever it may be, and they really like it when people see them as ET, it really honestly keeps everything a secret, while giving people soemthing to talk about and do.. Works for their Blue Beam agenda aswell. Gives it more credit if they where to use Blue Beam on us..

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I thought I saw "my first" the other night but alas, was proven wrong 10+ minutes later. So, we all have to pay close attention as best we can.

My "sighting" was this. Out in the hot tub about 10:30pm. Planes coming in from the west on one track were as usual. Then, about 5* to the SW of where the planes come in from mid-Pennsylvania came a very bright light. Far brighter than other planes landing lights. It just "snapped on" and was very bright, sparkly, looked like it was "pulsating" too. Then, 15 seconds later, another one appeared below it and just to its left. Now, they were two very bright lights not on the typical landing pattern from the west (appx. Harrisburg on approach to Philadelphia - I live east of Lancaster, PA and about 1/2 way between Harrisburg and Philadelphia).

Started to think "huh - could be something here!" After 2-3 minutes, they had not moved. Then the "top" one slowly started moving to the right. But just waiting it out, 10+ minutes later, the lights just moved over to the typical landing pattern, had their normal green/red wing lights and they approached toward Philly from there.

Anyway - I'm glad some people see flight patters far different than just landing lights. What I saw was quite a bit like that old video that guy (FrozenThought / Peavey / Mike) was showing over Lake Erie. Some of these planes have landing lights that are just incredibly bright when directed right at the tower from 100-miles away. Once they point away from you, the brightness drops considerably.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Am I seeing the drawing correctly? It looks as if this happened in front of the mountains?! Very cool sighting. Was this at night? Was the pulasating light white?

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrappedSoul
I can't understand what people are doing in this forum when they comes with comments like SuicideVirus did, I think he deserves a warning...

I would suggest that you can't understand, because you're not quite capable of understanding. And I also would suggest that rather than focus on personalities and personal attacks (which I believe are frowned upon around these here parts), that we resume focus on the curious but inconclusive original report by the OP, which is typical of most UFO reports.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Well, OP, what can I say? Motivates you to carry a camera, huh? I think all you can do is refine your drawing, put in latitude, longitude, and direction, e.g. SE, NW, whatever, and submit to a reporting site. Maybe someone else saw something and someone can coordinate or corraborate. Maybe not. That's just about all you can do with a sighting like that. there's just not much more you can do with it. Thanks for reporting it.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
That drawing has bad resolution, it could be anything.

That's funny

As for the OP, I've seen strange lights too. No camera, no pictures, just my memory. Sadly, while you have a good story, there's not much anyone can do or say to explain it. Might've been a perfectly normal object, might've been something more.

However, I think it's good people report what they see, if nothing else than to keep interest going and you know you're not alone. There's alot of freaky stuff out there.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camilo1

This is the first time I see such a thing, I saw some strange beings when I was a child but never what I understand to be a UFO.

Camilo

Just draw a picture on paint, sorry for my poor drawing skills

Hope it works.

I looked at your drawing and it does help. How much would you estimate the largest angular motion of this object?

Was it day or night? If day, where was the sun? If night, where was the moon?

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Nice Sighting Camilo1! and a not too bad attempt at drawing in MS paint, i don't think it would have made a differance even if you did have a camera with the object being quite distant. It reminds me of the sighting i used to have, i used to live in a village called Shieldhill in the Falkirk area in Scotland, now it's quite high up this village, much higher than the town and other villages that surround it so from my old bedroom windows you get a spectacular view of the Ochil Hills in the distance.

Anyways to my point, on most clear nights from my old bedroom you could can see the flashing pylons at the Kincardine Bridge, which are some distance away might i add, now every few nights when the sky was clear you could see what looked to me at the time to be stars except they were moving one way curving in on themselves, disappearing, reappearing and tracing their way around the sky near to the Bridge Pylons, i eventually managed to get my hands on my dads binoculars after the first few weeks, eagerly wanting to get a closer glimpse at these things even to try and identify if they were anything i could think of, but i never ever could keep up with them unfortunatly!

Ever since i have been obsessed with the subject and haven't stopped looking up since all that happened ten years ago!

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hi

Thanks for all the replies.

But it's very interesting hearing about this, especially that it was pulsating and moving in weird directions not possible by any normal vehicle. Did it move very fast? And how did it disappear? Just fading away?

My guess is that the thing moved a lot faster than a fighter plane, it covered a distance of several kilometers in seconds. It disappeared when it made it`s final upwards movement.

Am I seeing the drawing correctly? It looks as if this happened in front of the mountains?! Very cool sighting. Was this at night? Was the pulasating light white?

It happened in front of the mountains, it was approximately 10:30 p.m. The pulsating light was of a very bright white, very intense.

Well, OP, what can I say? Motivates you to carry a camera, huh? I think all you can do is refine your drawing, put in latitude, longitude, and direction, e.g. SE, NW, whatever, and submit to a reporting site. Maybe someone else saw something and someone can coordinate or corraborate. Maybe not. That's just about all you can do with a sighting like that. there's just not much more you can do with it. Thanks for reporting it.

Why would I carry a camera?. I`m not a photographer, I was working and never expected to see this object. I`m sorry for not being able to draw a better picture but that is all I can do, it wouldn´t have been possible to take a picture either, I work in a government complex and pictures are forbidden.

I looked at your drawing and it does help. How much would you estimate the largest angular motion of this object?

Like I said before the object covered a distance of various kilometers. When it "reversed" it did not slow down, it went in all directions instantly.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Camilo1, can you pin-point your viewing location on Google Earth. We'll be able to see the buildings, trees, mountains and thus gauge distances to get a better 'feel' of the sighting.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Hi Torsion!

I tried to locate the place where the sighting took place but it seems that the map that Google Earth has of the city where I live, Bogotá - Colombia is just covered with clouds.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Well isn't that peculiar.

www.flashearth.com...

Try this one, might be the same as google earth though.

Google Maps

[edit on 27-7-2007 by Quasar]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hello

Thanks for the link to google earth, the version that I have does not show it, but there must be new images that I do not know of

Anyway here is the image:

maps.google.com...,+columbia&ie=UTF8&t=k&om=0&ll=4.596563,-74.076691&spn=0.003101,0.004828&z=17

In the image you see two large buildings separated by a small plaza. I was standing in the building that is shown on the upper part where you see the columns. The trees that I showed in my drawing can bee seen in the photo, they are quite tall, in fact in beetween the trees you can see a white small tower building, it used to be an observatory in republican times, the trees are much taller than this building.

The objest traveled in a pattern from the northwest to the southeast.

Cheers,

Camilo

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Here is the link again:

maps.google.com...,+columbia&ie=UTF8&t=k&om=0&ll=4.596563,-74.076691&spn=0.003101,0.004828&z=17

new topics

top topics

join