It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lords Prayer experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I will try and describe in detail what happened around 3 years ago at the funeral gathering of my grandmother at her house. Any questions or any answers to what I might have experienced please go forth and ask/reply.

Around 3 years ago (give or take a month) my grandmother tragically passed away. She was fine, then a few days down the road - dead. It was very sudden as you can imagine but death happens to people and at times when we least expect it. My friends Father passed away from a heart attack 4-5 years ago and he was a very fit man, jogging everyday etc.

My grandmother was sent to hospital and before we knew it she had a severe heart attack and was 'brought back to life.' Then some of her internal organs stopped working and she was hooked up to an oxygen mask for the last few hours of her life. To conclude without going deep into what happened at the hospital, the entire family, and I mean all her sons and daughters and grandsons/daughters etc were all around her as she passed away. We all saw it and I can never forget it. I kissed her on the forehead and she slept in eternal rest, and the hospital did whatever it does after a death.

My story and question is what happened to myself and my cousin (he's 1 month older than me) at the gathering at my grandmothers house the day of the funeral.

The hearse brought the body to the house and we all gathered in the front room. A priest came inside and we all sang the Lords Prayer. What happened then I also can't forget, hence me writing this post. As we sang I began to feel very dizzy and light headed. I felt as though I was rocking back and forth, and my eyes were going blurry. I began to feel really hot and flustered like an intense energy passing through the circle of family members all chanting the Lords Prayer. As the 'event' finished myself and my cousin went outside - I just needed air. I stood there for a while and thought "why don't I ask him what happened?" He said he felt exactly the same sensations that I did. Therefore the 'happenings' stand up - because of multiple witnesses. The dizziness, heat, light headedness and rocking all stopped as I left the house. I must also add me and my cousin have a very strong/close relationship. We used to spend days upon days in each others company and I look at him like a Brother. Could that be why we experienced the same experience?

I have spoken to other family members about that 'event' and no one else has come forward saying they experienced what myself and my cousin went through when we chanted the Lords Prayer. I feel I am very 'open' about the spirit world and have encountered what I believed to be a spirit of my grandfather a few days after he passed away when I was very young. Again, it was me and my cousin, sleeping in my grandfathers bed. During the night I awoke with the name of my cousin being called. I turned towards the doorframe and saw a black outline/shadow resembling my grandfather. I even remember seeing the outline of glasses which he used to wear. I quickly glanded towards my cousin laying next to me, and looked back at the door. It must have taken a maximum of 1 second - and by the doorway was nothing. The 'figure' had vanished.

I believe I've had visitations by my grandmother in my dream state also. I asked her if she was ok now (because she had diabetes and a really bad disabled leg) which she replied she was fine now with no concerns. I have to add I only have/had these 'visitations' after arguments in the past with my Mother - my grandmothers daughter of course.

Now going back to the Lords Prayer experience, I've heard off psychics that during a funeral, family members who have 'crossed to the other side' gather also, for whatever reason. Maybe to witness the event or to take the spirit with them in safety? I've also heard that what I experienced has happened to many others because of the amount of entities and energy gathering in the room as the funeral or gathering is taking place. Is this correct? I could have been lightheaded because of the traumatic event (I'm trying to think level headed here for the skeptics), but the fact my cousin experienced exactly the same holds some weight to my experience, and from the fact during my life I've experienced many weird things. I tend to think I'm very 'open' and 'sensitive.'

So, do any ATS members here have possible explanations or theories? Any more questions regarding what happened you would like advanced explaining? I've tried my best to cover all aspects, but I need answers by more experienced psychics maybe, or people more experienced in the field of spirits and energy.

What made me feel dizzy, light headed, blurry eyed, wobbly, and hot? Was it the combination of energy from 'visitations?' (I must stress again, the sensations only happened during the speaking of the Lords Prayer. I felt fine before and after the funeral for the entire day.) Or was it the power of the Lord Prayer being chanted by people/family at a tragic time? I'm not a Christian - I don't believe in any religion, so excuse my ignorance if the Lords Prayer actually holds 'power.' Could anyone verify if it does also? That would be great.

Thanks in advance and I hope you enjoy reading my experience.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
It could have been the power of the Lord's Prayer. When I was five or six I remember listening to a spiritual/Christian song and I felt suddenly very warm almost like someone was pouring warm water over me. Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Interesting experience you had, what stands out to me the most though is how close your family is. You're a very fortunate person to be part of a family like that.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Arawn,

I am a spiritual medium and Solist Mystic. Which means in part that I channel discarnate Saints and that I use Heart Chakra Radiance regularly.

Originally posted by Arawn

I've also heard that what I experienced has happened to many others because of the amount of entities and energy gathering in the room as the funeral or gathering is taking place. Is this correct?

Yes.

What made me feel dizzy, light headed, blurry eyed, wobbly, and hot? Was it the combination of energy from 'visitations?'

When there are hundreds of basically spiritual people in the discarnate dimensions (i.e., those with a Dominant Aura Color of yellow and who reside on the fourth plane - see our Seven Plane explanation), and who strive to make their presence known to people in the flesh, it equates to exactly the same kind of sensations you experienced.

If you were to be around someone with a Gift of Healing or Telekinesis you would also feel those sensations and possibly other ones if they (the discarnate community or Group Entity behind the Gift) decided to project their energies into you.

Or was it the power of the Lord Prayer being chanted by people/family at a tragic time? I'm not a Christian - I don't believe in any religion, so excuse my ignorance if the Lords Prayer actually holds 'power.' Could anyone verify if it does also? That would be great.

There are no magick words and no prayer or spell in and of itself has any power whatsoever. The energy felt from any given prayer or spell stems from people on the Other Side who empower it and make it enchanted with their collective energies in The Light

Suppose you had a relative who passed that was Hindu and you attended a religious funeral. You may have had the same sensations if a Hindu chant or prayer was recited.

The same applies to every other religion and prayer that has a lot of people on the Other Side who promote it and empower it with their Group Entity energies.

[edit on 21-7-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
From a skeptical standpoint...

It sounds like you were in a small, overcrowded room with not much airflow. I also feel lightheaded and have trouble breathing, and my vision goes kind of "surreal" in similar settings. It usually comes after I've been in a room for about half an hour, and only lasts for a little while normally like a panic attack.

Or your emotions could have just manifested physically in some form of shock, as the symptoms you describe are related to that too.

That being said, I typically say the Lord's Prayer every night when I lay down in bed as a form of protection/reassurance, even though I wouldn't consider myself a Christian any more. I used to say/do other protection spells/rituals at night as well, but I became suspicious at their effectiveness and true intent, and stopped. I have physically felt or had things manifest while using spiritual/religious/magic words, spells, or practices on occasion.

[edit on 7/22/2007 by Yarcofin]

top topics

join