It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A company called "Quixtar"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Recently, I was approached by a gentleman about an opportunity that could change my life forever, and so far, it has.

First some background:

I have wanted to open an online buisness for some time now. I find it could be a great suppliment to my current income, and hopefully provide me with more free time to do the things I really want to do, and get off someone else's timecard. Well, just as I thought the time was right to get my buisness off the ground, I was approached by a man. This man said to me:

"Are you happy with your job?"
"Why are you still here?"
"Do you see yourself still doing this in 30 years?"
"How would you like to have more free time, and get paid for it?"

Of course, all of these things appealed to me, as they would to every one of you reading this. This man, while he is a very nice guy, told me of a "buisness" where I can buy/sell things online, and achieve this time I had been wanting.

At first, I was skeptical, unsure of what was to happen, he really didn't give me much information, except that it would cost me $140 to get a pin # for access to the Quixtar mainframe, and connections to people who will setup up to 4 individual websites for me to sell over 1.5 million products. Sound great?

I thought so, kinda. I was very cautious, as it sounded kinda like a pyramid scheme. The idea is that you can get other people involved as well, and you not only make money from yourself, but you make a percentage of everyone's sales, including everyone who buys things from your website.

Here is the link to Quixtar's website.

Upon a second meeting with this gentleman, I noticed a patter of "lack of information". He was telling me everything I needed to hear, but not really what I wanted to know. My most glaring questions were, "what is the name of this buisness?" After a "monthly meeting" that he and his uplines had at a motel meeting room pep rally, I finally got the information I needed.

The "buisness" works as a multi-level-marketing platform. You are encouraged to change the way you buy things in your everyday life. You are supposed to get products at wholesale, save the advertising money as profit, and encourage others via personal meetings to open their websites under you so that you can make a percentage of their profit too. You also are encourage to listen to "the tools", which are motivational CD's that basically say the same exact thing in different words, on every disc. Why do I know this, because I listened to four of them and they were.

Has anyone else been approached by a member of this organization? Of course, the will refer to themselves as "the buisness" rather than Quixtar.

Here are some links to information on Quixtar and their relation to Amway, as well as some reviews of their shady buisness practices.

How many of you have heard of it?

Link
Link
Link

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
My daughter was involved in it about three years ago. It's a multi-level marketing scheme. Quixtar is Amway....

Every dime my daughter made (which was little) went back into the "business" because she had to pay to use a desk in the office of the "business," and all the "members" are encouraged to go to "seminars" all over the country at their own expense. So she actually lost money....

It took her a while to realize how stupid she was being and how they were controlling her every move....

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I'm sorry to hear that. One of the links I posted actually broke down the 6-4-2 money scheme as real figures rather than the glitz and glamour that they portray by a former member.

I was lucky enough to do research ahead of time, mostly because I was more concerned with initial costs and what I needed to do to make it happen.

The most glaring point that made me circumvent all of thier motivational speaking was that they called anyone who questioned what they were doing as negative people, and you shouldn't be listening to them, and it usually starts with family and friends.

This is the closest thing to a religious cult that you can get.

How can this be so obviously illegal, yet technically it is a legal pyramid scheme due to the fact they don't charge their members for admission to "the buisness", yet they buy from themselves, and get paid from thier uplines?

How much did your daughter end up losing to Amway/Quixtar?

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
How much did she lose? Not sure....but she learned alot and today is making good money and saving it and being smart. It was a learning experience if anything....

You are right though, they tried to turn her against us because we were "negative" and "didn't want her to be successful", etc....and she bought into that nonsense for a while.

There is a gentleman named Bill Gouldd who is involved in Quixtar, although he is not supposed to be as he has been found guilty of ripping people off in many other scams over the last twenty years or so (and part of his probation is to NEVER be part of pyramid schemes again AND never be part of any seminar businesses ever again). Yet, he runs (or ran) seminars for them and was like a god to many of these young people. I called him on the phone and ripped him a new one. He was a complete ass. He actually added the second D to his last name which he told everyone stands for DOLLARS. I told him he should have added a second L for LOSER!!

Last I heard, he was living in Las Vegas and trying to sell his mansion in Florida and a yacht to pay off all the money he was made to pay in a huge settlement over one of his many scam operations.

Quixtar is garbage and so is Bill Gouldd!!

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
There is a fine line, but there is one thing that I did take from my "almost Quixtar" experience. I listened to some of the CD's, and listen to one by Robert Kyasaki, a multi-billionaire, and some of the information he stated will shock the hell out of you.

I really think that his CD's were put out independently and that Quixtar scooped it up for their reference material. He is very positive in stating that if you want to be successful, you have to work smart, not hard. Well, hard work is part of it, but not if you are trying to achieve someone else's dream. I knew from the bat that he had nothing to do with "the buisness", so I really listened to what he had to say, and it really put a positive spin on my life, and made me focused even more on what I really want, rather than envying everyone else.

I haven't heard of Bill Gouldd, do you have a link to his court case? That would be a rather entertaining read.

Has anyone else had an experience with "the buisness"?

new topics

top topics

join