It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voting and Democracy is about to change bigtime!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
This has been on my mind for a while and I have talked to a few older citizens that have seen this Western Demo-Corpro-Capo-Fascism System evolve through its various stages in the last 50 years and none have disagreed with my extrapolation so far.

With the Corporate Mergers going full steam ahead and take overs the only way some companies can illicit "growth" to the shareholders, I can forsee a time when there is only One..Mining Company, One Oil Company and one Services Company ect...and their influence on domestic policy so profound that they actually lobby all parties to the point they make the decisions ( close to the situation now ).

The form that democracy takes will be that only the elites through shareholder ownership will get voting rights to influence what happens within the Company Board room and the direction that it takes to influence policies to say strip mine a sensitive ecosystem or to sell Weapons to North Korea.

The future is bleak...Companies will be driven by Profits...you wont get a say...Politicians will bow to their Fund providers and you will lose your rights and status as a citizen..the sad thing is that its happening right now and most people are asleep.

The only answer is to turn off your television and stop listening to their rehtoric, dont buy their stocks and let the corporate world starve from suckers buying their bloated stocks and giving them more strength by raising capital from them out of thin air.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I think it is a likely scenario. It happened in China and Russia on some of those fronts.

A lot of countries have nationalized their resources. We've done basically the same here in the US. Our state parks are owned by the government. Our oil reserves are...owned by the government. Our tax dollars...well you get the picture.

They pretty much own everything in this country. Even the ground.

I don't see it so far-fetched having a single corporation dominate the rest of its competitors. Look at the machine you are using right now. Chances are its a Dell/IBM and Windows OS. A few companies have basically taking over their competition by releasing cheaper (and sometimes more reliable) products that have government subsidies and loans.

Apple OS (and computer) as well as Linux are really the only competitors.

mazzroth, you have portrayed a foreseeable future.

I just hope it doesn't become a reality.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
In terms of the political parties of the USA, it doesn't mater if you are a Republican or Democrat. Both parties are in so deep with corporations that cover the entire political spectrum. Democrats cry about this while Republicans scream about that. It just doesn't matter.

The real problem started years ago. Who in their right mind would spent $1,000,000 on a job that paid under $100K. Every politician has to beg money from people to run their campaign. The more money, the better your chances of election.

This will probably be the first billion dollar campaign season for president. All candidates have millions already and the primaries haven't even started.

Change is needed, but it will not be driven by those in power.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It certainly seems possible, but there would probably have to be some changes on the federal level before it became a reality. One could say certain fronts such as the oil industry are controlled by an oligopoly, but competition with most still seem pretty strong, and we still have the monopoly laws in place. I would imagine those laws would need to be changed or abolished before single large companies could start taking over (ironically enough I am supporting a candidate that strongly believes in free market and less federal interference.)

On the other hand, I'll grant you that it could very well be happening behind the scenes even with the laws in place. That is a rather frightening thought indeed.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I think that with the advent of the electronic voting machines it may have already come into being. Until recently the controlled media had to be relied on to ensure the election outcomes, now the illusion of democracy can remain without that pesky will of the people getting involved.

new topics

top topics

join