It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Without Prejudice - What Did You Think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Without Prejudice

Did anyone watch this show on the Game Show Network last night? I taped it because I thought it might be interesting and when I watched it today, I thought it was very interesting. The first 1/2 hour was a little boring, but I really enjoyed the character study of watching people making judgments about other people based on their appearance.

The premise of the show is that a panel of 5 people decide which of 5 other players get to win the $25,000 prize based on not much more than their first impression.

One thing I found particularly interesting about it was that one of the panelists came right out and revealed that he was racist and therefore "didn't like the black guy". Of course everyone jumped down his throat (and I would have as well, if I'd been there).

But in the end, the black man on the panel awarded the money to the black player even though he said he liked the other (white) remaining player better. And the reason he gave was that the black man was black and needed to be "helped along" because of it.

And of course, no one jumped down his throat for being racist... except me.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting.

Did anyone else watch?

new topics

join