It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poison threat from Ukraine train

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Poison threat from Ukraine train

news.bbc.co.uk

Several Ukrainian villages are at risk from a giant poisonous cloud that formed after a train carrying a toxic chemical caught fire and derailed.

The fire aboard the train carrying highly flammable yellow phosphorous was put out late on Monday, reports say.

The train was travelling from Kazakhstan to Poland and Ukrainian rescue teams are still said to be working at the site of the accident.

The cloud covers an area of 90sq km (56sq miles) above some 14 villages near the town of Lviv.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I just hope that wind does not take this toxic chemical cloud to other, more densly populated urban areas - it is pure luck, that this fire happened so far away from major cities in a more rural area.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Wow, what an awful disaster! My thoughts and prayers are with those people. It will be interesting to see if this was an accident or intentional. I would guess since it's in a fairly unpopulated area that it's an accident. Anyone who would want to hurt people intentionally probably would have done it in a larger city.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It's not over yet. Phosphor is on fire again at the scene of the accident.

URGENTLY! Fire on the Spot Where Accident of Carriage with Phosphor Took Place!

Alarming news has been received from the Lvov Region: again phosphor is on the fire at the spot of the accident happened with a carriage with phosphor near Ozhydovo.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

new topics

top topics

join