It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seth Shostak And The Roswell incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I thought I'd give anyone here interested this link www.seti.org...
It's Seth Shostak's take on Roswell, Gazrok, if you're here you should read this.
Let me say at this point I have a lot of respect for Mr Shostak, he does a great service to science through his efforts in SETI. However to me it seems that, reading this article, I get the feeling that he has a lot of emotional investment in needing to think that Roswell is not unexplained. It's understandable, if it was ET
then it would be obvious to him that ET does not want to be found, that his Government is denying science this information, the same government I might add that closed down government funded SETI. His job would be worthless then maybe in some eyes.
I am also a little puzzled that a man who goes to the trouble to pour derision on this event in print with no prompting but his own would insist that this event has no significant meaning to him.
I will stress again I have a lot of respect for him and do not want to start a 'call Shostak something nasty' thread, I'm just wondering what you good people out there, who have more than a passing knowledge of Roswell think of his approach to it.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I listened to Shostak do a debate with Stanton Friedman on Coast to Coast Radio, and I felt he came away as extremely ignorant and in denial of the UFO subject in general, and I don't mean just limited to the possibilty of aliens, but the fact of UFOS being present. He seemed to just close his eyes and ears and yell "la-la-la" like a kid who doesn't want to hear something would. Stanton brought up physical case traces which number in the thousands where actual physical evidence was left behind, and Shostak literally just changed the subject.

Bottom line-If he admits we are being visited, then he is out of a job.

new topics

join