It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flight from UK to LA diverted to NY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Flight from UK to LA diverted to NY

www.cnn.com

An American Airlines flight from Los Angeles to London was diverted to New York early Thursday after a crew member became suspicious of one of the passengers, an airline spokeswoman said.

The crew member aboard Flight 136 -- scheduled to fly nonstop from Los Angeles International Airport to London Heathrow Airport -- questioned a passenger whom the employee said he saw bypassing security by traveling on an employee-only bus from the parking lot to the LAX airport, according to spokeswoman Sonja Whitemon.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I wonder what will come of this after it's said and done.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'll try and find the link but i read earlier on another news networl that this was a misunderstanding, apparently the guy was just a regular business passenger.

Probably had a beard or something.

CX.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
I'll try and find the link but i read earlier on another news networl that this was a misunderstanding, apparently the guy was just a regular business passenger.

Probably had a beard or something.

CX.

I think it was more than the fact that he had a beard. If you read the article, it did say he was of Middle Eastern decent. But besides that fact, the employee said that he was bypassing security. That is definitely a concern whether you are of ME decent or any other place in the world. She did the right thing in reporting it. If something had happened and she just was too afraid to report it for fear of looking stupid, then what?

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
ha, yea.

I'm finding it interesting b/c I've been on a plane with a sucidal drunk with a letter sitting at the emergency exit and nobody did anything until it was almost time to take off, but this guy goes in the employee way and he's targeted right away. I guess I'll be travelling clean shaven for now on

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
So airline staff get to bypass security? That's a bit of a security issue don't you think? In my opinion they should go through the same process as any other passenger.

If a terrorist organization has funds to put people through flight school, I don't see them having too much of a problem getting one of their people to work as a flight attendant and smuggling an explosive device or weapon on to the plane without being searched.

top topics

join