It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Finds Sheba Farms to be Lebanese Land

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
The UN has found what many have said to be true. The Sheba Farms area was not actually Syrian land but Lebanese land mistakenly allocated to Syria during the partitioning of Lebanon and Syria. The UN is recommending that Israel withdraw.

The United Nations has transmitted messages to Israel in recent weeks that the organization's mapping experts have determined that the controversial Shaba Farms on Mount Dov near the Lebanese border, now controlled by Israel, is Lebanese territory. The UN, which has communicated to Israel that the disposition of the Shaba Farms should be dealt with as soon as possible, has proposed to senior government officials that Israel withdraw from the area and that it be considered international territory to be controlled by UNIFIL.

Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni and Prime Minister Ehud Olmert oppose the idea. The size of, and sovereignty over, the Shaba Farms has been a matter of controversy due to the way the border between Syria and Lebanon was marked during the French Mandate between the two world wars. When the UN marked the border between Israel and Lebanon after Israel's withdrawal in May 2000, the Shaba Farms were said to be part of Syrian territory, and that Israel therefore did not need to withdraw from it in the absence of an agreement with the Syrians. Lebanon did not accept the line of demarcation, and has since claimed that the Shaba Farms are in its territory. Hezbollah took advantage of the controversy to justify attacks on Israeli forces in the area.

Source

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
The UN is recommending that Israel withdraw.

Like THAT is gonna happen!
SInce when do criminals give back something that they stole?

Hasnt the UN also told Israel to withdraw from large portions of Palestine as well?

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Yeah and the Golan Heights too. Now the UN is denying the statement LOL I guess someone got the enevelope with some money in it. Shhhhh

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Yeah, like the UN is ever going to give Israel a fair break on anything. If Israel were to give away all of the land that the UN says is should, there would be nothing left! Of course, that is probably the real agenda - the terrorists use bullets and bombs and the UN uses words.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Israel needs to keep every inch of their land , no matter what they give away it will never be enough.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Look everyone a Jew Hater convention....

Why don't you either strap a bomb onto your kids like a good muslim, or put your Klanner Hat on so we don't have to look at the inbreeding, either way WASTE OF AIR.

As to the U.N.,
reccommend away ole U.N., and she will be a stone around the neck of the world and a stumbling to the nations. Man that God fellow sure called it well and all over 2500 years ago, heck of a record...

Wait I have some advice for you muslims in the region, why don't you all gang up and attack Israel and wipe her out? OHH WAIT you all tried that before, several times in fact....

And he Blesses those that Bless her and Curses those that Curse her! YHVH BLESS ISRAEL!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal

Huh?

Easy there cowboy.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coo
Israel needs to keep every inch of their land , no matter what they give away it will never be enough.

Yes the key words being HER LAND..the Sheba Farms wasn't hers to begin with nor was it Syrias. Israel was appointed as Liason of that property and nothing more. Syria had no right attacking from it and Israel had no right conquering it.

So you say Israel has a right to keep every inch of her land, yet Lebanon is not entitled to the same rights? Is there some special reasoning behind this idea? Would you say the same had Lebanon improperly aquired Israeli land? Somehow I doubt you would be saying that.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal

Why don't you either strap a bomb onto your kids like a good muslim, or put your Klanner Hat on so we don't have to look at the inbreeding, either way WASTE OF AIR.

Ah The Independent Journalist. Is the name calling supposed to silence criticism?Its people like you who have made the words anti-semetic meaningless because of overuse. Sorry but your Hasbara doesnt work on me. Im not muslim. Im Catholic, And Im purebred too..I bet my lines are purer then you can ever track back to.

And he Blesses those that Bless her and Curses those that Curse her! YHVH BLESS ISRAEL!!!

Yeah maybe biblical Israel 2000 years ago. If you think God is going to bless you for supporting the murdering of innocent people then you have a totally different God then I do. You can keep chanting your abra-cadabra words but in the end you will be joining those bomb-belt wearin nutjobs that chant their own magic words all-wu-akbar.

I bet 100% that you make fun of Islamic fanatics who think they will be getting their 72 virgins when they kill themselves. You are no different except that you think God is going to give you a harp , wings and your own little fluffy cloud. LOL I think religious fanatics are a hoot.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
i never said her land , i said their land
, from a miltary viewpoint it would be foolish to give back this area without a well thought deal.

top topics

join