It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phone Number to the Presidents Bunker?!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
So i was reading the Anarchists Cookbook when i encountered this story. I highly doubt that this story is true but then again there are weirder things in this world so i thought to leave it up to those in ATS to see what they think about it.

home.scarlet.be...

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
ive read the story many a time, so i dont need to see it again, you have to also remember, that isnt actually the anarchist cook book, its done by "the jolly roger" and thats just a story out of I think its called the phreakers guide or something, but it is most likely 100% fake.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by pshkwamy
ive read the story many a time, so i dont need to see it again, you have to also remember, that isnt actually the anarchist cook book, its done by "the jolly roger" and thats just a story out of I think its called the phreakers guide or something, but it is most likely 100% fake.

Yea, i think i your right. Lol thanks for the clarifications there.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
There's an ounce of truth in everything, or so they say. In this case I'd say there's an ounce of B.S.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
In this case, the "ounce of truth" is probably the legendary tale of how "Cap'n Crunch" and some friends managed to phreak their way onto a private line in Nixon's White House. The Crunchman claims that they were listening to the line, and overheard the codeword to summon Nixon ("Olympus"). After, they got on the line themselves, asked for Olympus and someone who the Cap'n thought sounded exactly like Nixon came on the line. Apparently one of his friends told Nixon that there was a crisis - a toilet paper shortage in LA.

My guess is that this story heavily inspired the one referenced in the OP. Possibly some other phreaking exploits got mixed in there as well. A lot of interesting stuff happened in the heyday of phone phreaking.

From the horse's mouth:
www.webcrunchers.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Probably rubbish, The anarchists cookbook, and related text files will get you killed. they propose extremely dangerous and often incorrect information about explosives, please dont try to replicate anything from there.

top topics

join