It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New photos vs old

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
With all the new pics nowadays, it seems they can all be "debunked" one way or another. It seems all one has to say is "CGI" and we all run for the hills.

I realize with todays technology, it is easy to fake such things, but what about old pics? Ones before digital cameras. Are those still possible to fake?

I've seen this pic a few times.
old ufo photo

How could this have been faked? Would the negatives be proof positive that this is a picture of something? Or could have this been doctored in someway?

Im not saying this is the real deal, as I'm sure most of you have seen it also.

The question is could this (and pictures like this) somehow have been faked and how was it done?

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
My first thought is it looks like he threw a penny in the air and then took a picture. Other than that I'm not really sure.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by redseal

I realize with todays technology, it is easy to fake such things, but what about old pics? Ones before digital cameras. Are those still possible to fake?

It was most certainly possible to fake UFO pictures back then - in fact I imagine it was considerably easier with cameras that allowed double exposures and no ATS to pick the flaws in the hoaxers methodology! Of course that's not to say that all old pictures are fakes, just that we should view them with the same skepticism with which we view modern photos.

One thing that does work in its favour however is that back in the 1920s UFOs were virtually unheard of (certainly amongst the general populace) and therefore if the date of origin is accurate then the chances of it being a hoax are dramatically reduced.

new topics

join