It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cindy Sheehan considering a run against Speaker of the House Pelosi

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
MM, there's nothing funny about this.

It's sad. Someone should tell Cindy Sheehan that she isn't gonna put a real dent in Pelosi. And I'm not saying Pelosi is some kind of big, cold establishment machine... I am saying, Pelosi will be ok. And Sheehan will get press; and beaten down all over again in said press.

The whole dam thing sucks. Sheehan and Pelosi both want our troops out of Iraq. Pelosi just understands the liaviathon.

As a veteran, whose own mother was terrified throughout my war, I hate it when people are mean toward Sheehan. The reason she does what she does is because of what she lost, her child.

There isn't probably anything more painful on earth to have to endure than that.

Its time to bring this so-called war to a close. Hopefully Pelosi will summon the courage and allies to put her/our big boot down on the neck of this lawless administration and bring our troops home. Then Sheehan won't have a reason to run.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
An "activist" and I use that term loosely, versus a veteran politician? Not a snowballs hope in hell. Media stunt, nothing more.

I didn't need to question the womans sanity or call her names to make my point though. Congrats guys, you've confirmed my thoughts of what's wrong with ATS.
Intrepid, i do beleive she's been thru hell and i feel very sorry for the woman. There is such a thing as Post Traumatic Disorder, which i beleive she suffers from. I'm not suggesting she's mental, just merely that she should be closely monitored for mental illness which can be treated.
Not trying to laugh at the woman, as far as it goes for me, just thinking she needs some help.
And Lo and Behold! There she was on Hannity the other night
just making herself sicker and beeing browbeaten by the likes of Hannity.

I wonder if her family tries to support her and at the same time tell her to simmer down and try to help her with love and support.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
DG, like GH, your points were cogent and not hateful. I wasn't talking about you. The woman needs help, not scorn.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I disagree...

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
MM, there's nothing funny about this.

One "man's" tragedy is another man's comedy...

Cindy revels in her status... A kind of twisted Munchhausen by proxy if you will. And the Democrats are getting what they deserve... You sign on for the full tour, and the bus driver is deaf, blind, and crazy... You have to ride until you crash (a sane person wouldn't get on board, and a dumb one would get off), and that's what our esteemed colleagues from the left are doing... They're going over the cliff in classic anecdotal fashion... If only they were lawyers, then it would be alright... Wait! Most of them are lawyers... I knew this would have a happy ending.

The only sad thing is how Casey's memory has been perverted... But then that's a mother's prerogative.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

DG, like GH, your points were cogent and not hateful. I wasn't talking about you. The woman needs help, not scorn.

Yes, my friend she does. I can't imagine the pain of losing a child. Truth be told if I lost mine I could also very likely go over the edge. In all honesty however, she doesn't stand a chance and it does appear she's all but trying to blackmail Pelosi and it's going to cause her nothing but more pain and grief. I wish her family would get her some help.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I'm sorry, i felt guilty because i said she should be on meds.

Anyway, i know you're talking to many, not just me.

^
^

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Fame is a narcotic and few who have been exposed to it can stay away from it for long.

Cindy has no political cred's other than stirring up stuff.

Methinks Traveling Nancy will beat her easily....

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Do you ever feel guilty after saying far worse things about George Bush?

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Its very likely Cindy Sheehan knows she will not be elected if she challenges Pelosi. But she also knows it will bring alot more attention down on the Speaker with regard to ending the war.

Pelosi needs that heat. So does Reid and the rest of those folks cowering in the wind.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Do you ever feel guilty after saying far worse things about George Bush?
NO!

Since you brought it up, i do not feel sorry for CRIMINALS!!!

Put that in your pipe and smoke it. This woman lost a son to a war that made no sense. Bush on the other hand has two daughters and they're alive and kicking.

How insensitive. The impeachment draws closer and my fellow friends are on edge.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
If this war was so all important George W. Bush's daughters and Karl Rove and Colin Powell's sons would be serving.

but its not.

Its just a fraud brought to you by GE.

Does Cindy Sheehan have a valid reason for being outraged? I would say yes. Emphatically.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   

This woman lost a son to a war that made no sense. Bush on the other hand has two daughters and they're alive and kicking.

What you forget is that it was neither parent's decision as to whether their children joined the military. There is no draft.

Casey Sheehan chose to re-up. While I feel sympathy for any person who has lost a loved one over there, I disagree with them making it someone else's fault.

It is obvious that Cindy cared more about Casey than she did about her husband or the rest of her family, or else she would not have abandoned them. Did she ever care about their feelings, their loss? It doesn't seem that she did. She needs professional help and grief counseling.

Matter of fact, she didn't even care about Casey, else she would have honored his decision to join the military, and cherished his memory. All she cared about was her own 15 minutes of fame.

[edit on 10-7-2007 by jsobecky]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Ms. Sheehan needs help, and running for political office against the Speaker of the House isn't the help she needs.

Has she even mourned her child? Was she allowed to? Or did the haters on the fringe left swoop in before that happened? Honestly, I think she needs to mourn, say goodbye to her son, and cold as it sounds, move on with her life. That's what her son would want her to do, IMHO.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

What you forget is that it was neither parent's decision as to whether their children joined the military. There is no draft.

Casey Sheehan chose to re-up. While I feel sympathy for any person who has lost a loved one over there, I disagree with them making it someone else's fault.

That's such a weak, bogus argument. How many people have I heard parrot those very lines? You don't even realize it.:shk:

Why don't you just cut the crap and come right out and say it, you choose to be mean and without an ounce of empathy for a grieving mother. Its really pathetic.

If I talked smack about your mother (for something you decided w/out her permission), you'd be throwin bombs. Have some respect for Casey Sheehan, who loved his mother.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

That's such a weak, bogus argument. How many people have I heard parrot those very lines? You don't even realize it.

It's not a weak, or bogus argument. Nor is it the main thrust of the arguement...

Casey Sheehan did volunteer, and most unfortunately, die. Ms. Sheehan hasn't taken the time to mourn, nor has she been given the time to. Where are her freinds and family, and by freinds I most certainly do not mean the vultures who preyed upon her grief, and then kicked her to the curb when she dared clue into their hypocricy.

She needs time and peace to come to terms, as best she can, with the loss of her child. She needs this so very badly. I hope someone somewhere can get through to her. She is doing no service to herself, nor her son's memory by continuing down the path she's on. Again, MHO.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Why don't you just cut the crap and come right out and say it, you choose to be mean and without an ounce of empathy for a grieving mother. Its really pathetic.
I have sympathy for Ms. Sheehan in that she lost her son, and such a thing is terrible. She should not be attacked for her grief.

But I reserve the right to criticize her political beliefs and the decisions that she has made in her political campaign.

I feel as though some are saying "you can't criticize her politics, she lost her son." That is fallacious reasoning, and I feel free to criticize her when she chooses to be in the public eye and support her political opinions.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Cindy revels in her status... A kind of twisted Munchhausen by proxy if you will. And the Democrats are getting what they deserve... You sign on for the full tour, and the bus driver is deaf, blind, and crazy... You have to ride until you crash (a sane person wouldn't get on board, and a dumb one would get off), and that's what our esteemed colleagues from the left are doing... They're going over the cliff in classic anecdotal fashion... If only they were lawyers, then it would be alright... Wait! Most of them are lawyers... I knew this would have a happy ending.

When people you love die, there is no reveling.:shk:

I don't know what you're rambling on about, but it sounds alot like Crazy Train McCain.

The Democrats are going over a cliff....? Can you point to anything to support that claim? I coulda sworn they just took over congress. And their majority is gonna grow in the upcoming elections.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I guess she's been banned now from Daily Kos now for opposing Pelosi.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I guess she's been banned now from Daily Kos now for opposing Pelosi.

She has been banned (warned)

cindysheehan.dailykos.com...

I have been "warned"
by CindySheehan
Thu Jul 12, 2007 at 06:16:05 AM PDT
I can't post here anymore because my potential run for Congress
is not on the Democratic ticket.

I have been deeply grateful for all of your support over the years.
Your love and kindness helped me through lots of sleepless nights
at Camp Casey '05.

If Speaker Pelosi does her constitutionally mandated duty and I don't run,
then I can come back and post.

I know a lot of you are hostile towards my candidacy. Please
understand that I am doing it for your children and grandchildren
(and my surviving ones.)

Love always,
Cindy

Sounds like "Your either with us, or against us!" That is a common theme on most Democrat websites. Democrat Underground is also famous for this.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Sounds like "Your either with us, or against us!" That is a common theme on most Democrat websites. Democrat Underground is also famous for this.

That's not a common them on Democratic websites. DUH. That's George Dumbya Bush's mantra.

If Cindy Sheehan wants to give Nancy Pelosi a direct challenge, then that's fine. It's not like it will dent Pelosi. I mean, it may cause some ripples, but Pelosi knows what she's doing.

I'm glad Sheehan is protesting (as usual); if it wil change the mind of one more breain dead bought off politician to bring an end to this war then I would say its all worth it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join