It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crime borgs a reality says Australian federal police commisioner

page: 1

join
share:
KTK

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I found this article

CLONED part-robot humans used by organised crime gangs pose the greatest future challenge to police - along with online scamming - says the Australian Federal Police Commissioner, Mick Keelty

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.smh.com.au...

Are they being overly paranoid with future speculation,or is this a genuine threat?

[edit on 7-7-2007 by KTK]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by KTK
I found this article....

Are they being overly paranoid with future speculation,or is this a genuine threat?
[edit on 7-7-2007 by KTK]

Nice pickup KTK, I read this one on The Age today as well...Mr Kelty has proven himself very much to be a yes man up until now over many things (Iraq, the overrated terrorist threat to Australia and so on...)

Though this kind of technology might well be available to criminals in 40-50 years, in my opinion, I wouldn't be getting too antsy about it right now like Mr Kelty seems to be...Or was it more a case of journalistic sensationalism ??

Say it aint so !!!!!!!!

Peace and good post as always KTK

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
OMG i cant believe we have a federal police commisioner who is actually saying this... I mean wtf. sure perhaps in the future... say.... 40 years or more, lol.

I mean cmon man. GEt on with today job and perhaps the next 10 years or 15 years or so. I dont think this is goig to be happening this soon. lol

KTK

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Darage is you av doing the melbourne shuffle???

I had a thought about his and it is something im going to look into. I think this could be a reality now or on the verge of it. Its just a darned odd thing for this man to say.

What about this angle. I think Mr keelty is speaking in global terms. The only difference between organised crime and corporate/economic crime is visibility. We know from many ats threads that corporate/economic crime is not always visible. Now if these invisible elements are working together then this crime borg can be a reality sooner than we anticipate.

So what if these were European organised crime elements with ties to the Russian mafia. God only knows what the kgb were up to, we only know tidbits and have been brainwashed into thinking everything that was soviet was crap and defunct. I think it is feasable to assume that dark money has been plodding away at this project for longer than we think. What if we are at the cusp of this being a reality?

How long would it take to get to Australia?

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I think the ol' commish has been helping himself to the spoils of the evidence locker a bit too much lately.

But seriously, it wouldn't surprise me if he was indeed trashed when he said this.

KTK

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
These comments were made in a parliamentary inquiry into the future impact of organised crime. The comments would have been checked by a variety of departments before they were allowed to be said. I doubt he was trashed, in anycase i can be sure he didnt write the speech himself.

These comments were made in a parliamentary enquiry this is why the whole subject is worth more investigation

[edit on 8-7-2007 by KTK]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
So is there any update on this one?

It certainly is sensational and scary, too!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
IS this police officer in any way related to the cop who is preparing for the living dead?

A US police chief has stockpiled chainsaws - in case his city is invaded by zombies

Police lieutenant Bruce Ferguson says his team are ready for any attack on Lansing, Michigan.

"We have been doing mock disasters and cross training for several years," he told the Lansing State Journal.

"People can feel confident, if zombies start invading, we'll know how to close the streets. We can get chainsaws too.

"If a swarm comes in on I-496 westbound, we'll block off the exits so they miss the city."

www.ananova.com...

top topics

join