It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 and you.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
at least something is going on.........mars weather is chancing..and jupiter also.........we might be surprised in 2012........

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
at least something is going on.........mars weather is chancing..and jupiter also.........we might be surprised in 2012........

Hmm, the weather is changing...or changing in relation to our relative and limited knowladge of those weather systems?

This interests me. Could you supply a helpful link in for those of us who are curious?

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Please check this page out curezone.com...

Here's a quick quote from it..

We are part of a smaller galaxy that the Milky Way has put the 'come hither' on and we are just now coming down even with and apparently going to actually turn and join with the spinning whirlpool Milky Way disc after some 2 billion years of circling around it at a near right angle as part of our parent galaxy called the Sagittarius Dwarf.

This grand turning is also the root cause for the discontinuation of the Mayan calendar (the most accurate on the planet) because the 'read-point' of the Pleiades star cluster from Earth the calendar was based upon could no longer be a constant as we begin to steer away from the earlier chart-ably predictable movement. This is a third discovery made 5 months after the first two, and possibly gives 2012 ancient prophesy issues a somewhat different perspective and footing.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The weather is changing in me bum too, its gaseous heat that is building up until 2012. That year I shall pity those who breathe air.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Yeah I was a bit confused myself on 2012... Im lead to belive that 2012 will lead you into what is called the Polar shift.. From what I have read it says that our galaxy is like a plate, and the solar systems float threw this plate, and when a solar system goes threw this "plate" we exp. major storms and the earth consuming large land masses.
The Mayan calander I found was written on a Galatic level, not just on an earthly base like our current system.. So when the mayan calander ends on 2012 doesnt mean the end of the world, just the end of one full cycle bringing in a new age..
Mostly everything I have read is alot of hype, and misunderstood concepts that are taken out of context.. I do belive however our weather will be changing and we will be in for some major hurricanes, earthquakes.. But me saying that is nothing specail. Everyone knows life is always changing, everone dies. and nothing is forever.. So just live your life, have some fun man and know, nothing is forever...

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Nothing major will happen that hasnt happened before , the Mayans made accurate calendars and every calendar comes to an end then goes back to the start again...........2000 was the same ......Prediction after prediction yet nothing happened at all .

2012 is just another over exaggerated internet hoax , theres numerous predictions from numerous people of what may happen , most are trying to sell a book or video

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I dreamed that a comet would hit in 2012. Granted, I have seen a lot of 2012 stories, so the idea was already in my mind. It was interesting that in my dream it was a comet though, as I would normally think "asteroid" while awake.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
be happy in your own imaginings about a 'consciousness' accelleration in 2012...

about the only 'shift' i see becoming a reality, is that all youse Christians
will need to 'shift' your thinking & way of life into a Muslim/Islam consciousness!
If not that, then you'll have to be like the Druze and fake it to save your life, as opposed to dying a Protestant/Catholic a martyr.

The Maya , Aztecs, had a prophecy about the Quazacoatal or fair skin
gods that would give them a new religion, & wham-Boom the Spainards
conquered them, took away all ther 1000 year god worship & replaced
their ideology with the 'wooden cross'.
This time around, the Maya, Aztecs, will once again get a new god system
and i guess it will be Islam & Shira Law replacing Christianity in 2012.

I reckon i'll be around for 2012, but as for the 5th 'Sun' (world age )
of the Aztecs in 2084...i don't think i'll be around for that one
so i won't be able to say 'I told you so' when 2012 ain't the end of the world...but just another day in the succession of Maya calander cycles.

keep a smile on....

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I never get tired of all the ATS threads on 2012 that I have seen, all of the well thought out posts continue to amaze me.

I think everyone knows deep inside them what will transpire, it's all about intuition and not what the mind or ego believes.

I feel that a huge shift is coming, what kind I don't know but something very positive, but that is my intuition and gut telling me this, if my mind and reasoning gets into the mix forget about it.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It's like this, people have made doomsday predictions as far as history can tell. It's nothing new...but every now and then the right one comes around and the majority disregards it all as the work of chicken littles. They won't believe it till the sky falls on their heads...that's the best way I can put it.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
According to the History Channel program last night, the Mayan calendar predicted to the EXACT DAY, the date in which the Spaniards arrived. If, like the program claimed, the Mayan calendar has been extremely accurate about past events, then we should not discount its accuracy about future events. The same goes for the other multiple sources for the 12/21/12 theory. There was an ancient Chinese prophecy "chart" that was mentioned last night. In lamen's terms, it basically involves flipping a coin and drawing either a line or a dotted line based on the result each time. I believe this is repeated 5 times per page. There are 64 possibilities. Forgive me for not knowing the exact name of this process, but I'm sure someone here knows. Anyway, in the past few decades a man found that you could lay these 64 pages out to form a sort of EKG-looking graph. If you start with, I believe, the invention of this book, the process ends on December 21, 2012. I wish I could explain this better but it is all coming from memory and I was half asleep last night as I caught the program at 1AM! Hopefully someone here knows what I'm talking about and can explain it a lot better.

Anyway, the difference between the 2012 prophecies and previous "end times" prophecies (besides 2000, which I don't think can be compared to a specific date in the middle of December in a random-appearing year like 2012) is that there are multiple sources for this exact date scattered throughout the world and throughout history. And of the sources for the 2012 prophecies that were mentioned on the program last night, all of them had accurately predicted events in the past. And I'm not talking about Nostradaumus-type predictions, where a generic paragraph is interpreted to have matched an event after it already has happened.

I believe that something big is going to happen on or around 2012. I've never felt this way before about any other time. Granted, I'm relatively young at age 25, but still. I think we are living in incredible times. I can just feel it in my gut and in my soul. But what I don't know is if something bad or something good is coming. It may be a combination of both. We may have to get through a lot of bad to get to the really good. And what is good to some is bad to others. So unless its an end of the world scenareo, this 2012 event may please some and anger others. Those especially angered will be the ones whos beliefs and livelyhoods are based on things that the event(s) of 2012 will seem to contradict.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
There is nothing special about 2012. I did the research when I first heard the theories, and I was decidedly opposed to the whole idea after I was finished. The whole idea is based on the Mayan calendar, which was based on the moon. There are a great many cosmic movements that can also be deduced by looking at the moon. Lots of paths have the same mathematics in the universe. Yes, December 21, 2012 marks the end of the Mayan Long Count Calendar. More conventionally for their time, however, this is the winter solstice. Another date you can mark by the passage of the moon. People are taking the Mayan texts out of context when they assume the end of the calendar cycle is THE END. It's the end of the cycle, not the end of the world. A new cycle simply begins.

I read about photon belts, and the idea that we will be passing through one approximately around 2012, and how that was supposed to act as cosmic rays, which are essential for genetic mutation, which is basically evolution at the fundamental level. I believe a square kilometer only receives about 6 cosmic ray particles every year, so passing through a belt of them would be quite a thing i'm sure, tiny particles smashing through our DNA and changing us forever. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a photon belt, and we are not passing through one.

Cosmically, our solar system is completing a full orbit of the galaxy in 2012. The only hypothetical is that we will experience some kind of shift related to our centering, something to do with the orbital path of our solar system. But, the universe has a much longer clock than we do, and i think any ill-effects would be felt over a much longer scale than our lifetime, or likely the lifetime of our species.

I also reject the idea that people are going to start working together in 2012. We're in 2007 and the corrupt are as corrupt as they ever were, and they show no signs of slowing down. We care less and less about our fellow man, and resign to watch Paris Hilton interviews rather than Presidential debates. Not one person I know in my daily life (aside from my wife) has seen ONE of the debates. The people in power are screwing us and we are letting them because we simply do not care.

No, things are just starting to get worse if you ask me. I'd be more inclined to look forward to an imaginary 2012, waiting for change to come rather than going out and making changes.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I watched History Channel's special, therefore I know all about 2012 and have an a degree better than you.

With that said, just understand that there are a myraid of theories, all of which are equally pausible. You have to understand that the whole reason 2012 sticks out is because almost every major future prediction seems to rest on this date.

But nothings better than experience so waiting the only solution.
lol

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by To_The_Heavens
I watched History Channel's special, therefore I know all about 2012 and have an a degree better than you.

With that said, just understand that there are a myraid of theories, all of which are equally pausible. You have to understand that the whole reason 2012 sticks out is because almost every major future prediction seems to rest on this date.

But nothings better than experience so waiting the only solution.
lol

I'm going to assume that your first comment, albeit poorly written, was in reference to me. Yes, I referenced the History Channel program on 2012 because I saw it last evening. But nowhere did I profess to be an expert on anything related to 2012. In fact, I know very little, and have admitted such. Nor did I try to argue with anyone or shoot down anyone's points. I simply referenced what I could recall from the program last night. But I'll take a History Channel program filled with experts with Phd's and Historians who study the given field over the basically anonymous posts on ATS. I'd also say that the History Channel has far more credibility than most of the sites that would come up if I Google'd the Mayan Calendar.

Of course, I could be misunderstanding your first sentence. Maybe you did watch the History Channel show and are making a joke about being an expert. But since I'm an extremely paranoid individual, and its 11:30 at night, I'm going to have to assume that you were attacking me! And that, my friend, is VERY MEAN!

Obviously we will have to wait until 12/21/12, or possibly the months and weeks leading up to it, before we can know for sure what, if anything, is going to happen. But even if we are to disregard the Mayan calendar entirely, there are still other fairly credible sources out there that have referenced the same exact date. Hopefully as the date approaches Vegas will start taking action on it, because I'd certainly put a few bucks down on something big happening! And as far as conspiracy theorists go, I'm not even close to the tin foil hat-wearing type, either.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Forgive the double post. Since I'm on the subject of the History Channel Program, "Decoding the Past- Doomsday 2012: The End of Days", I found this blurb about the show on the History Channel Website. It relates to what I said earlier about multiple sources referencing the 2012 date, and it also mentions the name of the Chinese oracle which I couldn't remember.

There are prophecies and oracles from around the world that all seem to point to December 21, 2012 as doomsday. The ancient Mayan Calendar, the medieval predictions of Merlin, the Book of Revelation and the Chinese oracle of the I Ching all point to this specific date as the end of civilization. A new technology called "The Web-Bot Project" makes massive scans of the internet as a means of forecasting the future... and has turned up the same dreaded date: 2012. Skeptics point to a long history of "Failed Doomsdays", but many oracles of doom throughout history have a disturbingly accurate track record. As the year 2012 ticks ever closer we'll speculate if there are any reasons to believe these doomsayers.

History Channel- Decoding the Past- Doomsday 2012: The End of Days

Like I said, I'm no expert on the subject, so I can't say whether or not the show is worth watching for most of you. But I thoroughly enjoyed it. While it centered on the Mayan calendar, it also covered a range of other issues related to 2012. What I really like about the History Channel is that unlike most mainstream news/media sources, they don't use a condescending tone when discussing conspiracy theories and other ATS-like topics. A good deal of their programming covers UFO's, paranormal activities, conspiracy theories, etc., and I think they do an excellent job with it.

So, if you have the History Channel, then I'd recommend keeping an eye out for it as I'm sure they'll show it again soon. It's made in 2012 so it should have all of the latest information. If you don't have the History Channel, or don't want to wait for it to re-air, or are just a huge 2012 buff, then you can also buy the 60 minute DVD for a rather steep $24.99 off their website.

PS- I am not a shill for the History Channel... it's just one of my favorites, up there with CourtTV and HBO!

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I also don't believe that 2012 will bring humanity together. That just isn't reasonable...especially when we're on the verge of nuclear warfare.
However, I don't necessarily believe that it will be the end of humanity either. Humans are like vermin, it would take several....several....years to wipe out all 8 billion them....and yet it happened to the dinosaurs... who have still wandered the earth longer than mankind. So there's still hope.

Either way...I see a major event taking place...perhaps one that wouldn't be as evident as many theories claim...except maybe to those who are looking.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
I've always had a small interest in the 2012 theory, and thought there could be some validity to it. After seeing last night's program and all of the information they presented, I am far more certain that something big is going to happen on that date. Apparantly, 12/21/12 is also the date when our sun enters the center of the Milky Way galaxy. According to the program, this only happens once every 25-26,000 years. This event could be met with a sudden or fairly gradual pole shift. Many scientists have been predicting a pole shift as well. Recent evidence discovered shows that were have been pole shifts on earth before, and at one point the North Pole was near the Equator. Anyway, the faster this pole shift takes place, the more deadly things will get. It could very well be a global killer, causing massive earthquakes, eruptions and floods on every continent.

I missed that program unfortunately but this is very much what is being written in the book I'm reading now "Apocalypse 2012". (Despite the title it isn't obsessed with negativity) The author meets up with these Mayan shaman brothers and they discuss the ideas behind the calendar. The part about the 26,000 year cycle is what corresponds to their calendar. The Mayans said there have been 4 sun cycles before this and they each had feminine or masculine energy (this cycle were in is masculine) and that in 2012 we enter a new sun cycle but instead of feminine or masculine it's both. Also when the sun enters the center of our galaxy at that date we, for the first time in 26,000 years become aligned with the dark center of our universe that has been obscured by the sun the whole time. This alignment with the dark part (which is stated to be believed the source of creation for black whole and solar systems) we would get blasted with this energy that would shoot us into a higher consciousness.

That might be a bit hard to read as that was just a stream of consciousness and me trying to remember many passages of the book at once. lol I'm not even halfway through it.

It also does speak of the impending pole shift and it's very probable disastrous effects. And how we are at solar minimum now and we are getting bombarded with more solar energy than in most of our previous solar maximums and when 2012 hits it will be in this solar maximum. also have you seen the weather reports today?? 115 degrees in Idaho??? sheesh!

I need to watch that program. Curses for not having on-demand.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfie_UK
I myself do believe that 2012 will be a turning point for the brothers and sisters of the same faith "humankind".

For many years now I have been seeing the number 1111 and whether you believe all that you can read about 1111 as I have read or several other combinations of four digits such as 1024 as no doubt those who see that combination on a regular basis may believe / or not.

A shift in the human thinking is getting closer day by day, as I see 1111 and it says those who do see 1111 will be there to help calm those around us who will panic, funnily enough it does sit and go well with me right now.

I'm always the one who can become switched on and care for others at the drop of an hat, even if I have had several too many drinks.

Just my take my word on it and don't ask for quotes, just Google 1111

Me lazy......damn straight I have been working for the last 25 yrs

Wolfie

[edit on 6/7/07 by Wolfie_UK]

Wolfie, trip out on this, and I'm not making any of this up... As I was reading this post I glanced at my clock and the time is 1:11.
And one of the threads I've been actively involved in is the C2C Caret drone thread, and one of my adversaries in that room that is always rambling ridiculous statements, his screen name is 11 11. And later he added me as a respected ATS foe.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I think the galactic alignment that we are rapidly approaching is the big unknown in the equation. We already know earth is undergoing warming and the rate of that warming is exceeding scientists' predictive models. Other bodies in our solar system are undergoing warming and other changes. Clearly the source is external. This process has been ongoing for some time but is comparatively recent. As we penetrate deeper into the galactic equator between now and 2012 we can expect the intensity of this external energies to increase at an increasing rate. What are the ramifications? The last time this occurred was 26,000 years ago. Mankind was living in deep caves at that point in history. One thing is for certain, this is no Y2K.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Oh, and wolfie,
I think you should check out thie FIRE THE GRID page about joining together on July 17, 2007 at 11:11 a.m. GMT. I think it could be real important.

fire the grid

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join