It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Babies not as innocent as they pretend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
That's right- As much as i love them, there's something about them you should know:

www.telegraph.co.uk.../earth/2007/07/0 1/scibaby101.xml

Whether lying about raiding the biscuit tin or denying they broke a toy, all children try to mislead their parents at some time. Yet it now appears that babies learn to deceive from a far younger age than anyone previously suspected.

Following studies of more than 50 children and interviews with parents, Dr Vasudevi Reddy, of the University of Portsmouth's psychology department, says she has identified seven categories of deception used between six months and three-years-old.

Infants quickly learnt that using tactics such as fake crying and pretend laughing could win them attention. By eight months, more difficult deceptions became apparent, such as concealing forbidden activities or trying to distract parents' attention.

So from the moment they are born, they are testing us to see what they can get away with and manipulating us.

I knew :shk: I had two kids and i just knew.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Does this surprise you? From the moment we're born all we want is a little milk. That's where we get it from. You guys
. We want food, you give it to us right away. You spoil us the minute we come into this world.

These are some funny smilies, why haven't I posted in bts more often

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
This is a given. We've done it when we were babies, and our kids will follow. It's a natural way to test boundaries. I'm not surprised at all

new topics

join