It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

zebrula

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This animal is the zebrula. In my opinion: just plain awesome, and the neatest I have seen. Please forgive me if this has already been posted.

Story snippet:
While zebrulas have been in existence since the 19th century, this one is particularly unique: its coat is sharply divided between horse and zebra, says Safaripark, a zoo near northern Guetersloh.

Link:
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Ha ha! That's an awesome critter!

Just out of curiousity, does anybody know zebras haven't been domesitcated en masse in the past like the horse or donkey? It seems they would have been the most ideal beast of burden in the plains of Africa. Imagine a invading Mongol horde but with African bushmen riding zebras!

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
hi, this is my first post so please be gentle with me ; )

I believe that there was an animal like this widespread across Southern Africa but is now extinct.

It used to be called the "kwagga"or "quagga" as pronounced by the hottentots (naitive africans from the kalahari) and went extinct in 1878.

just google "Kwagga" or "Quagga" and see if there is any similarity.

just my 2 cents

Nferno

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Quagga is correct and they look very much the same or similar in some strains of the zebrula - except for this particular one. But there are obviously some genetic differences or i would say they would also call it a Quagga (Burchell's Zebra) though there are a couple of different Quagga species.

Interesting find none the less.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I didn't know them under the name "zebrula", but I've sure heard and read about the "zorse."

Wikipedia's got a page of notable zorses:
en.wikipedia.org...

Another cute relative is the "zeedonk."
www.messybeast.com...

As to why zebras aren't tamed... they're mean little critters. Nasty tempers, and tend to go psycho on you. That's not a good quality in a draft animal.

new topics

top topics

join