It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Mass Transit "Viper" Teams Sent to 8 U.S. Cities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Special Mass Transit "Viper" Teams Sent to 8 U.S. Cities

www.washingtonpost.com

WASHINGTON -- Some of the armed officers with dogs that turned up this week around airports, subways and bus stops are part of special Transportation Security Administration teams sent to protect mass transit sites over the July Fourth holiday.

The "VIPER" teams were sent to guard facilities in the nation's capital and in Baltimore, New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Houston, Los Angeles and San Francisco, TSA spokeswoman Ellen Howe said Tuesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.kget.com
www.rttnews.com

[edit on 3-7-2007 by the_sentinal]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Has this type of measure ever been taken before or is this a new thing due to the recent terror outbreaks happening elsewhere?

I have never heard of these teams before but it sounds like a good idea.

It doesn't make me feel any easier about any upcoming terrorist threat for the 4th of July though I feel if these people want to get the job done bad enough, they are going to find a way to get through.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
You have never heard of Viper Teams before? Viper Teams are one of the integral components of Cobra. I call these Transit Vipers.

Seriously though whats with all of the copyright infringement by the US and UK governments like Cobra in the UK, these new Viper teams here, and even Operation Anaconda. Hasbro could probably build a case for a lawsuit if they keep it up.

join