It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explanations/Similar experiences?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I have several experiences to share with you, and I was wondering if any of you have had any similar experiences or can offer any explanations.

Two involve strange lights at night, so I'll start with those.

The first took place about three years ago. I was in the car with my family on a long drive to Chicago. The time was about 10:30 p.m., and we were about an hour outside of the city, surrounded by miles of farmland. I had been thinking heavily about so-called strange light phenomona (aka UFOs, although I doubt these things are the classic "UFO" spaceship). I decided to myself that I would try an experiment; I said internally, as forceful as possible, "If these things exist, I want to see one now. Otherwise, there is no way for me to believe in these things."

Almost instantly, an incredibly bright object appeared above a corn field to our left. It was about 400 feet in the air and about two football fields away. I emphasize that it was INCREDIBLY bright. It wasn't moving much, but was simply bobbing up and down. It soon split into two, then four, then six...each of the "offspring", for lack of a better word, floated around a bit then simply disappeared, leaving nothing but the empty night sky again. I had pointed this out to my family at the start, who observed the whole incident and were a bit shaken up the rest of the night. I wasn't shaken up, however..instead, I felt calm and at peace.

The second incident took place at the seashore. I was sitting out on the porch looking over the ocean, and again performed the same experiment. Within a few moments, I noticed a new, stationary object floating above the water. It was small and distant enough to blend in with the stars at first...that is, until it began getting brighter and brighter. When it seemed it couldn't get any brighter, it began dimming...then it brightened again. This went on for several minutes, until I turned my back for literally ten seconds to grab a pair of binoculars. When I turned back, it had disappeared.

I haven't had similar experiences since. (Perhaps because I haven't asked for them?)

I also have had an unrelated experience with headphones. I had my headphones on late at night, but the music I was listening to had stopped playing. Suddenly and unexplainedly (as I was in my dorm room by myself, with the door closed and the TV off) a woman laughed at me..through the headphones. I was so terrified I ripped the phones off my head and had to leave the room. Nothing like this has ever happened since (although I have been awoken to sounds of someone typing on my keyboard...not a mouse/insect running over the keys, but the purposeful sounds of someone intently typing..they stop when lights are turned on).

Any explanations/similar experiences?

join