It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason America Does Not Win Wars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

The US Soldiers behaviour is a disgrace, and there is a totally different Ethos in its Militay, than with the English. There is no more as deadly or as effective as the English, with more victories for the Empire than anywhere else in the Worlds History. The whole way the American seems to have been created is interesting to say the least. I used to think it was just dumbing down and government dis/misinformation. I now think it runs deeper than that

[edit on 1-7-2007 by Hawk Eye]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Hmmm..

Bit of a generalisation there, based on one video, which in all honesty is a soldier larking around. I really doubt he would have actually given the kid the grenade and you can see after he jumps, the kid has a smile, so the soldier must have been laughing/smiling too.

As for the "America never wins wars", well, they do.

I agree that their military has a completely different way of thinking than the UK, but then again, the two countries are utterly different as well. Besides, America has the money to spend on huge amounts of firepower. The UK has to do things differently.

As to your claims about the Empire, well, it was the largest ever seen, but we had our share of defeats also. The Afghans handed our arses to us on several occasions for starters.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Reason? Profit. Longer you torture people and drop bombs on them, more bombs you need and this means more business and shiny money in banks. You also need more planes, more tanks, more depleted uranium weapons and all the wonders of modern warfare. It's a big biz and they are already at $800 billion with no exit strategy. Similar to Vietnam, which was another war for military-industrial profits. And to kill many Buddhists, so Vatican was happy too.

This time they kill Muslims, so Vatican is happy again.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Too busy looting the opponents
Need time to tap the oil
Can't use nukes

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Hmmm..

Bit of a generalisation there, based on one video, which in all honesty is a soldier larking around. I really doubt he would have actually given the kid the grenade and you can see after he jumps, the kid has a smile, so the soldier must have been laughing/smiling too.

As for the "America never wins wars", well, they do.

I agree that their military has a completely different way of thinking than the UK, but then again, the two countries are utterly different as well. Besides, America has the money to spend on huge amounts of firepower. The UK has to do things differently.

As to your claims about the Empire, well, it was the largest ever seen, but we had our share of defeats also. The Afghans handed our arses to us on several occasions for starters.

The British empire grew so big because they where far more prudent and cost-conscious compared with the french or nazi-german who had a far more agressive and awkward approach toward the foreign countries, but they failed.. You could compare it with the US, they're too awkward and the loans for warfare arent getting paid back..the british paid their debt by their empire growing by conquest and therefor trade[they didnt have to raise taxes like the other countries with big standing armies.. england is an island]. The american empire isnt growing and their loans are paid by the chinese not by their own upper- or middle class..

[edit on 1-7-2007 by Foppezao]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Yeah you really need to look at the big picture OP. In WWII it may be looked at as 'more innocent' of a war, with less backroom dealings, hidden agendas and the like. Now, well, you have to ask the question, does the US "WANT" to win wars, or do we WANT a drawn out conflict that uses alot of missiles, armor, ammo, aircraft, soldiers, equipment, resources and other expensive hardware? I say we in incorrect terms, this is the USG I'm talking about not the US people.

Vietnam was the same way, as in lesser extent the Korean War. War is big business, it revitalizes an economy and can even change an entire countries economic outlook for decades to come into the future. It also creates an enemy, someone/something for its' people to fear, to rally against. Akin to the opposite of "we all need a hero" to believe in, in my view this is how the USG thinks, that this is the way it needs to be to maintain and to expand. Is it good? What can be done about it? Are the people happy about it? Well those are entire other threads.

[edit on 7/1/2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Any war ever won was done so with a "Soldier" mentality. The primary reason the US has not "won" a war in recent years is because they have allowed politicians, college students & the population in general to dictate & steer war policy. Clearly drawn battle lines, superior firepower, effective military strategies, effective communication a well trained & equipped force that is allowed to wage all out confrontation will always prevail. Just my own observation.

top topics

join