It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is racism? The answers here!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
In short I've been asked many times, this one question. Where do you stand on this issue? My answer is found on David Dukes web page. It in short says : What then, is "racism"? It is considerably more than any dictionary, is likely to say. It is any opposition by whites to offical policies of racial preference for non-whites. It is any preference by whites for their own people and culture. It is any resistance by whites to the idea of becoming a minority people. It is any unwillingness to be pushed aside. It is, in short, any of the normal aspiration of people-hood that have defined nations since the beginning of history, but only so long as the aspiration are those of whites". That is the best definition of the word, that I have found anywhere. If you know of a better one let me know. I know that because I found it on David Dukes web page you may take offence to what it says. Just give it a little time and you will see it to be true.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
With respect, it is the notion of superiority of any race against another and I think you know that. You just want to draw people in to discuss black on white racism etc... That is a bit cynical.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I only posted this thread to see, how many agree and disagree, with this understanding of racism. I have good friends of all different races of people, and most of them agree with this. They have a greater outlook of what is really going on in this world today. This thread is not here to pit sides, on race but only to see how many are here to talk about, a issue that is in everyones mind regardless of race. P.S. BE NICE TO ONE ANOTHER PLEASE!!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Here's a pretty good definition of racism:

1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2 : racial prejudice or discrimination

www.merriam-webster.com...

Duke's definition is more of a political one than a linguistic one and he's pretty close to the truth relative to the way the left manipulates the term racism to fit their agendas.

Duke is a very smart man. He's seen the South change from the Old South to the New South to whatever the hell is happening there now.

He's seen the tables turn from when whites ran the show to the situation now where in urban areas are mostly black and the agenda of blacks is to erase all vestiges of the Old South and even those aspects of America they find objectionable.

In New Orleans, many schools' names were changed to reflect black culture and not many people complained too much, until a school named after George Washington was changed because George Washington had owned slaves.

So, Duke has his finger on the pulse of a population of resentful whites who have seen places like New Orleans, which used to be called the Jewel of the South, turned into a cesspool of drugs, corruption, and violence.

But, beware of Duke. He's been seeking attention almost anyway he can get it ever since his days at LSU, when he used to dress up in Nazi regalia and shout diatribes into a bullhorn on campus.

He tried to mainstream the KKK and when that didn't work he got a face lift, cleaned up his own image and got into mainstream politics where he managed to win a state representative race in a community in eastern Metarie, which borders on New Orleans. In fact, the community just across the 17th canal from New Orleans.

You might not know much about that canal, since it was the the one whose levee broke and flooded a predominately white neighborhood and the media almost completely ignored it in favor of the London Ave. canal, which flooded the predominately black Lower Ninth Ward.

Duke has managed to never put in a real days work in his life. He's mostly worked out of his home hawking literature for his National Association for the Advancement of White People. He went to prison some years back for tax evasion or something like that.

Duke's main goal in life is to make a living and get media attention by exploiting racial tensions in the South.

He's basically a white Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, except, as far as I know Duke has never claimed to be a man of God.

I see Duke now touts a PhD. I have no information regarding from what institution he might have earned that.

Duke is a racist, but at least he's honest about it, even if it is about the only thing he is honest about.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 2007/6/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Thanks Grady, it seems like at least one person here understands what I'm trying to do here. Oh and thanks for the different perspective. Sorry Grady, I'm still trying to figure out how to work on my computer. You know the format thing.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Racism is natural but unwanted in modern society. It is easily exploited since this prehistoric fear of strangers and invaders kept us alive many times. Better we kill them first! Today this is not needed but some religions and politicians use this as an excuse to drive millions of people into war and of course bankers and church profit some more, as usual.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Hi

That sounds like only one definition of racism.

Personally, I look at it as concepts such as racism, bigotry and elitism (just to name a very small selection of these similar concepts) rely upon differences between peoples, individuals and cultures for their very definition.

Similarily do concepts such as diversity rely upon and acknowledge fundamental differences between said individuals, peoples, societies and cultures - and in this sense, 'diversity' is also a racist concept, irregardless of whatever 'noble' intent this term is utilized.

So that's why i try to look at where we are all the same, and this acceptance seems to greatly surpass that which makes us be viewed as 'different'.

When you hold another down, aren't you, in a sense, being held down yourself ?

Just my humble opinion - we're all one big, maybe not so happy, family.

[edit on 30-6-2007 by effinlunatic]

[edit on 30-6-2007 by effinlunatic]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Duke's definition is more of a political one than a linguistic one and he's pretty close to the truth relative to the way the left manipulates the term racism to fit their agendas.

Duke is a very smart man. He's seen the South change from the Old South to the New South to whatever the hell is happening there now.

True,albeit, most likely misguided.

In New Orleans, many schools' names were changed to reflect black culture and not many people complained too much, until a school named after George Washington was changed because George Washington had owned slaves.

Well, that's just good ol' political correctness for ya.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
True,albeit, most likely misguided.

Well, that's just good ol' political correctness for ya.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

well that's good ole judgement for ya......manoman, another rule who's sole purpose is to define the exception

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
"Racism is natural but unwanted in modern society. It is easily exploited since this prehistoric fear of strangers and invaders kept us alive many times. Better we kill them first! Today this is not needed but some religions and politicians use this as an excuse to drive millions of people into war and of course bankers and church profit some more, as usual."

Yes, it is natural. Why do we or why should we pervert what is natural.
I disagree that this natural fear of that which is different is not needed.

It is obvious who is matrixed into the politically correct cage, and who are the independent thinkers.

The term "racism" has been made into something which it is not. In the minds of those who are well programmed it has become a real hot button/trigger response. It is in many cases impossible to object to anything done or said by a non-white person without becoming the target of a volley of abusive language, mostly from fellow whites; So deep their programming runs.

Even the name David Duke has become a trigger word/hot button.
Your responses to these words are of your own making.
Do you know how you developed them?

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Seems like most "folks" are afraid, to respond to my racism thread. Maybe it's not afraid or, merely ashamed of being what you are. I myself will talk a little more on this subject to give a more in depth view of where I stand on this. I stand for those of you who will not stand. In hope that you will rise up and speak your opinion before it's to late. Because if we don't, the left winged racist groups, will destroy us without firing a shot. That's right I said it, left winged racist groups. Which groups are made up of the minority's, but are vast becoming the majority here in our country. By writing new laws against us the majority, to make us fill bad for being white. Take the mexican or the moslim or japanese. Or any other group you can think of, we probally done something bad to them. I myself have never hurt anyone, but the law says, I must pay for what my great grand parents did. Today I was reading what, the mexicans are doing to our southwest. Such as flying the mexican flag over our post offices and schools. They are very brave, messing with the best armed country on earth. Thinking we will just lay down and not even raise our voices to be heard. I myself am tired of paying for everyone elses children and heath care and food. Then just get pissed on, by those we are supporting. What do you think?

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Yes, general, and as I have noted, the leaders who are tightening the screws on us are those self-hateing white folk who attack anyone who does dare to speak up, and heaven forbid we suggest that the white race become extinct from cross- breeding. And if we further speak of white pride/cultural pride, they have all kinds of bad words for us.

I have friends who think that the world would be better if everyone was the same color.
They are woefully ignorant of the fact that color is only skin deep.
They are ignorant of the fact that each racial group has its own talents, and that these will muddled by crossbreeding.

We have a growing number of white children who hate their whiteness. They are now emulating the dark races who have become their roll models.

Social manipulation has worked for thousands of years.
Today it is especially easy for the manipulators using TV.
All programming is programming the watcher. He gradually accepts that which was previously abhorant to him.

So what do we do?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Racism? Let's see...

Oh yeah, a strong dislike, perhaps even hatred, of those who's skin has a different shade than yours. It's a tiny branch of that other strong dislike, perhaps even hatred, of those who are just plain different, bigotry.

How's that?

White Pride? Depends upon how you define it. Superiority due to the fact that your ancestors lived a bit further north than someone elses. That's racism. It all depends upon how you define that pride.

Left wing racism/Right wing racism...does it really matter? Both are, in their own nasty fashions, just as abhorant as the other.

This is a rather cynical thread, IMHO...prove me wrong.

top topics

join