It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Hope to Close Guantanamo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Democrats Hope to Close Guantanamo

www.foxnews.com

WASHINGTON — Democrats want to cut President Bush's budget for Guantanamo Bay prison in half, beating the administration to the punch in shutting down the facility for terror detainees.

The White House says Bush has already decided to close the U.S. prison in Cuba and transfer more than 370 terrorism suspects elsewhere, possibly including the maximum-security military prison in Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
So the Democrats want to close Gitmo hey? Big deal.. there are many more secret prisons round the World that this breach of the Geneva convention will carry on at..

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Well someone has to clean up the mess in Gitmo. The fowl play that's going on there is an embarrassment. Who ever does it doesn't matter, whether they be puppets or not.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Well someone has to clean up the mess in Gitmo. The fowl play that's going on there is an embarrassment. Who ever does it doesn't matter, whether they be puppets or not.

I concur.
Unfortunatly this is nothing more than Dog and Pony.

I never will understand HOW we even have a prison on Cuba in the first place.

It just makes no sense and nobody questions it.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo

I never will understand HOW we even have a prison on Cuba in the first place.

It just makes no sense and nobody questions it.

We won Guantanamo Bay in the Spansh American War in 1898. We freed Cuba from Spain, and part of the agreement was that the United States got use of Guantanamo Bay.

Do Democrats really want terrorists detained in the United States? I think Guantanamo is the perfect place for them!

top topics

join