It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is atheism a religion?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Atheism is a state of mind of a person that is not infected by fairytale beliefs about death. It cannot be a religion.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

And because of these, you have determined that it's safe and correct to make the statement "atheists actively suppress practice of religion"? Interesting logic, for sure... By the same logic, I could say, "Mothers kill their children."

You asked for an example BH and I gave you one example. However, after doing some reading, I agree with you overall that Marxists were disestablishmentarianists.

Excuse me? I don't know what thread you're reading, but you have been quite insulting here. At least MM isn't claiming that he's "too much of a gentleman" to insult someone.

I don't think that I was insulting to anyone. I defended my position and what you see is what you get.

You've likened atheists to Osama, Torquemada, you've said, "atheism is not a religion but a form of psychopathology", all the while making a shabby, transparent claim that you just want to "foster debate". BS, dude. Sorry. Anyone reading this can see past your words, like I said before.

I have now come to the conclusion, albeit based on a small sample size that some hardened atheists are in a psychopathological state and that it is not a religion. However, by the same token, some extremists of all faiths are also in the same state. I must say that very firmly.

BH

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
i don't know if anyone has said this, but the saying goes that atheism is to a religion as bald is to a haircolor.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join