It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration bill suffers major defeat in Senate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Hot off the presses, Looks like something good does happen now and then. The immigration bill has failed to get the votes it needed to become law.
What next will they round up the illegals ?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
My only concern now will be, whats going to happen now. I didn't agree with this bill from the start because in my opinion it was amnesty and did not provided with serious money for border and port security. But what about enforcing existing laws and amend them if they need to.

Also the fact that amnesty is going to make more people to come here illegally. This bill had a lot of good ideas on it, hopefully they will learn from this one when time comes for this issue to be brought again.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
My only concern now will be, whats going to happen now. I didn't agree with this bill from the start because in my opinion it was amnesty and did not provided with serious money for border and port security. But what about enforcing existing laws and amend them if they need to.

Also the fact that amnesty is going to make more people to come here illegally. This bill had a lot of good ideas on it, hopefully they will learn from this one when time comes for this issue to be brought again.

I didnt agree either, however what good was in it now is gone. I hate the way our congress loads the pork into good bills only to see teh good go down with the bad. Sad way to run a Government IMHO. we really need to ban the lobbyist. and soon

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch

The only real good idea in the bill, honestly, was the securing of our national borders. I suspect that no more will be said on this issue until election time, unfortunately. Bush has shown himself to be rather one-sided. It is either his way, or no way at all. Since the bill that he supported wasn't accepted, I doubt that anything more comes up in regards to this issue during his presidency.

top topics

join