It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using anger for power?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I probably thought about where to post this for a solid ten minutes, thinking about where exactly a thread such as this belongs. I still do not know if this is the right forum, but i consider it to be atleast slightly close to an adequate area for the following debate.

I've looked everywhere online, so I finally have turned to my good friends here at ATS. Have any of you ever heard about the sith in star wars, how they would meditate on their anger and use it, building it into an actual pysical object inside of themselves, using it to aid themselves in a fight of some sort. I wanted to know if anyone has actually heard of this in the real world, and if its applicable. also, any links would be amazing.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Blessings,

If I remember right, looking around using the search function, I am sure you can find the Thread dealing with Jedi Realism. This would be the perfect place to post this question, and a good question it is, as I am connected with a couple Jedi Realist groups, and there is so much that fits in that paradigm with many of the other "conspiracies" in ATS.

If you indeed to find the Thread, make sure to let me know. I am an old newbie, my old account was connected to a different email, and well, that email got hacked, so I lost my information and all the threads I saved. If you do find it, thanks in advance. If you dont, its okay, but thanks for thinkin about it.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
In the real world.

I find it a lot easier to give some one a good kicking if I'm angry.

"Being angry is easy, but being angry at the right person at the right time and for the right reason is damm near impossible."

Someone wiser than me once said something like that.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing that saying. It is perfect!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
as any jedi would know, or more mundanely any zen swordsman, kung fu master, chi quong teacher or the like no.

Maybe in star wars but not in real life. Only when you go beyond emotions, and have mastered the movements through repition so many times they are automatic, when you reach "no mind" are you then a true Jedi/Warrior whatever. Your mind alert in total NOW it is impossible with any emotional content.

Now there is certain mediational practices that use anger in "thought wars" though I would never supply any further info, they work and are very dangerous to both the reciever and sender(later).

To become a physical master warriorthough during battle no thought is the aim.

Kind Regards

Elf

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
You can totally use anger as power. It can be channeled like any other emotion. No Jedi necessary.

I've learned in my life that if something makes me really angry, to turn around, take the anger by the horns and use it to do something constructive about what I'm angry about. If I'm peeved about something I saw in the paper, I'll write a letter to the editor, for example, and rip into the thing that made me angry in my best snarky style.

Anger is not necessarily negative. It's what you do with the anger that is negative. Properly channeled, anger does things like get laws passed that protect kids from sexual predators, embarrasses polluting corporations by dragging their lying about chemical emissions from their plants out into the light of day. It gets things done.

Anger can be turned into determination. And it can definitely be used to triumph over perceived evils.

Denying and stuffing anger is a great way to get an ulcer or some other illness. It's best to channel it into a useful direction and git 'er done.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Using 'Anger' for power...?

This works.

However... we have to ask the question:

"To what means are we justifying the anger?"

Anger is a powerful tool. But it is only that: a tool.

What happens when we build a dam without the means to focus the water?

We obviously don't have a dam. We have another device.

Let's talk about anger in reference to a physical barrier: Dam

Suppose we have constructed ways to focus our negative thoughts (anger) and want to suppress or let loose this emotion.

What would happen if we let loose the emotion anger? Let it loose with no constraints? (Come on...this isn't rocket science...)

I would, and so would others on ATS, think that 'anger' unleashed in its purest form..would enable us to be up poops creak with no paddle.

To have 'anger' as a sole means of maintaining control?

Visualize for me what the positive outcome would be? Come on ..be a sport? Gee whiz...

top topics

join