It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Saddam Hussein Has Cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The ousted Iraqi dictator, who is currently under custody with the coalition forces, suffers from cancer of lymph glands, Kuwaiti Al-Anba daily reads, citing an Iraqi official. According to the daily, the disease is in an advanced stage, so doctors predict the former dictator would probably live a couple of years more.

One can safely assume that the collection of evidence with regards his war-crimes will take so long that he dies before he can be tried. Of course that will ensure that he can never spill the beans on his weapons deals with the US Govt.

Alternatively, they could just bump him off and say that the cancer was more advanced than first thought.

[Edited on 8-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
How convenient.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
How convenient.

That's what i was going to say.

I wonder if the E.U. will object to the death penalty, because he's sick.

Or, if they will want to allow for euthanasia to be performed.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
They'll probably heal him, then shoot him as a war criminal.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This was reported on back in September of 2000 by Bloomberg.com:
www.the-v-man.com...
(scroll to bottom of the short page)

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I've seen more than one person die of cancer. Not pretty. I guess karma works. Just don't give him painkillers.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
There is a link at the end of the Bloomberg page stating that he was to get treatment. Unfortunately the link doesn't work. It's possible that he had the treatment for it and it managed to prolong his life for a few years.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
ThePook...
Yeah, I have been trying to verify that story on the link I provided....no such luck as of yet, except a mention that because of the UN sanctions, said information and the ability to verufy that information was quite difficult. Needless to say, I am still using a variety of 'search' engines to find anything more substantial.

regards
seekerof

new topics

top topics

join