It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who all believes this man still has rights, and should not be exucted before friday!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'm all for public execution...or even pay per view...use the money made (which I bet would be more than most people think) to pay the fees or to go to victims families, etc....

bottom line...seeing someone get the death penalty would definitly deter many others from making the same mistake....its like parenting...let a kid get away with it and he will..and he will keep doing more and more until its to late to reel him in....set the standard early and he learns right from wrong and his limits....

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
May I ask how many of the posters advocating the death penalty have worked at an institution where the death penalty is carried out?

Have any of you experienced first hand the feeding frenzey that accompanies the execution by the pro crowd?

Are we also planning on going back to gladiator fights?

Public executions would bring out the absolute worst in people. May we never ever sink again to that level.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
There should be no fees for public execution.

Executions are a part of the judicial system and should not be tainted with fees to the public to view them. The condemned is executed at taxpayer expense and therefore, it should be a public right for any citizen to witness any execution and it should be the obligation of the state to accommodate the public.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow_soldier1975
I'm all for public execution...or even pay per view...use the money made (which I bet would be more than most people think) to pay the fees or to go to victims families, etc....

that is so terribly wrong and uncivilized words fail me.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Ugh! I just can't fathom public executions, charging for them or arguing that they should be free. I'm sorry.

I don't support the death penalty. I don't think life in prison should be a joy ride, but I don't support killing a person. They should make them work and should make their "accommodations" less than wonderful.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
GROVER....what amazes me is how everyone seems to be more upset and offended by peoples WORDS & REACTIONS...and not as much by this scum blowing a CO's brains out and being willing to accept that and give him his due....

I see MOST people on here are against the death penalty, hell it seems like some of you don't want to do anything...you have this.."oh well he did it, it was bad, what can you do, S*** happens attitude .... and the idea of death makes you sick...yet these people are killing others without hesitation...how do you suggest we slow the crime rate and violent acts down that seem to now be a main stay in our daily lives?

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
How exactly is that guy going to get a jury of his peers?

Let the justice system work. Hopefully there is a death penalty in that state .

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Oh no Shadow soldier I'm very offended by what this thing did. Don't ever make the mistake of thinking that advocating humane behavior equates weakness. However, I will not advocate violating Constitutional Rights in a mistaken bid for justice. The death of anybody deserved or not is never a cause for celebration.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   

GROVER....what amazes me is how everyone seems to be more upset and offended by peoples WORDS & REACTIONS...and not as much by this scum blowing a CO's brains out and being willing to accept that and give him his due....

You really have not been paying any attention.

No one is justifiying his actions or saying that he should not be punished. You just don't seem to think that due process is the correct approach and in that you are totally wrong. Due process is what is supposed to seperate us from those nations we condemn for its absence. The same is true for public executions. Those days are long past and to even suggest pay for view public executions besides being barbaric and obscene and would reduce the act to a matter of public spectacle and entertainment. We are better than that, or according to our national rhetoric, supposed to be.

Personally if I found out that someone I knew got their cookies off watching pay for view executions I would disassociate myself ASAP... that is sick.

Just what is your problem with letting due process take its course?

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I understand your feelings on how harsh it is and all that....i guess sometimes wanting to see someone pay can cloud your judgment to an extent....anyway

my problem with due process is simple....IT IS A JOKE! I agree he should have his day in court, be sentenced by our court system and recieve his punishment...what sucks about it is...this man openly kills a CO, no hesitation, no denial, then tries to escape....so what will happen...he will sit...and sit and sit...for years before this even goes to trial. He will waste thousands of our dollars being fed and given everything that CO can no longer have...1 of which is LIFE itself....he will appeal and be defended, continue to be fed and watch TV, and read books and talk to his family or gang members....the CO's family lost a loved one and can no longer speak to him or call him...instead they have to visit a cemetary....NO NO NO NO reason this trial and sentence can't be over by friday! thats my issue i guess....

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Shadow Soldier I understand your anger and frustration believe me I do. I too cry out for justice. There is however an adage that is still true today:
Justice must be tempered with mercy. I can agree wholeheartedly that this is definitely a case for the death penalty but only after due process has been followed.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
While I do not support the death penalty because I honestly believe that it really doesn't resolve anything. I know that the way we do things can be costly and cumbersome. However for every case like this one, are the innocent people who have been placed on death row who would be dead by now if we had a speeder process.

That is the balance. If we are to put people to death each and every one must have, regardless of their obvious guilt, the same due process. To be fair and just it cannot be selective.

[edit on 26-6-2007 by grover]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
While I do not support the death penalty because I honestly believe that it really doesn't resolve anything.

Imprisoning people for life doesn't resolve anything, either.

Here's a guy who's looking on the bright side of life..., or death:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I am a conspiricy theorist. I know that conspiricies exist wherever mankind exists. Having said that:

I do not support the death penalty under any circumstance.

I do not trust the government with my life, I do not trust the government with your life and I do not trust the government with his life either.

You may ask if I would feel the same if he had killed my daughter. I would reply that my convictions are not circumstantial.

I do not trust the government when it comes to life or death. They have proven themselves over and over to be untrustworthy of such a decision.

Prosecuters lie, Cops lie, evidence is either hidden or fabricated. The state has all the money it needs to prove someone guilty but the defendant gets a lawyer that can't make it in the real world.

That doesn't mean I'm soft on crime. This scum should be placed in a cage untill time and age have broken him into fragments.

I do not trust the state with life and death decisions. They already think they are God, I won't support that belief for them.

wupy

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
And that is the rub isn't it Grady; there are really no fully satisfying solutions. But if I were given the two options, death or a lifetime imprisonment in isolation... I would beg for death.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
You know I hesitate to say this but can we stop the debate on the death penalty and take a moment to remember this man and mourn the loss of his life and recognize the pain of his family. While it may mean nothing we had a moment of silence in our roll call this morning. His death is a brutal reminder of the dangers of our job but also the importance of what we do to keep the public safe.

I know my brother Seagull and my daughter worry that someday I might not come home and incidents like this bring it to the forefront for them. Please just for a moment can we shed some tears and mourn the loss.

Take a moment too and thank Intrepid who is also in Corrections and also faces the dangers.

Thanks Intrepid and take care my brother in Corrections.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It is not a job that I could do.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
It is not a job that I could do.

Some days it is really hard. Today is one of those days. I'm going to have to leave this thread alone for now I'm too emotional and tears are ready to fall.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I say we need the death penalty for anyone who commits a crime with a gun. No waiting twenty years for appeals either. It is time to quit blaming the guns and gun manufacturers and legal gun owners for the crimes committed by people with guns. The people to blame, the people to punish, are the actual criminals who actually commit the crimes. What a novel idea!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   

This guy doesn't deserve a trial, he doesn't deserve to live past friday...and I can't think of 1...not 1 reason to say otherwise.

Everyone has the right to a trial before punishment, it's required to prove guilt. I'm not even going to go into what a stupid statement that is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join