It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenage Empathy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Yes, I can tell if someone's lying, too. Usually, I don't say anything about it, but I still know. I just pretend to not know.

It's true that a lot of people don't want help, but I think that a big part of it is that they don't want to admit that they NEED help. They are also afraid of being perceived as weak. I just let people do their own thing, since I don't really want to be dragged down into a bunch of negativity anyway. If they want help, they will ask for it. I think on some level, though, I help people because they tend to come to me and vent their problems. Which is funny, considering I'm not a talkative or popular person. So I do that now and then, and I hope I'm helping somehow. Still, I don't want to be overly involved. Hope I don't sound selfish, but I don't really want to deplete myself of my own happiness or positive energy. At least, not all the time.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I think the original poster used "teenage" empath as he is a teenager.

Thanks for the clarification!

Like I said this is new to me, but also explains so much, I figured my mother was reasonbly soft on me while growing up, yet my father so hard, and yet Im hard on the outside but overly sensitive on the inside.

I think she also is an empath, most definitely its clearly genetic.

I thought I may have some kind of chemical embalance? But now its clear.

Thankyou.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I actually have a question. While I know that empathy covers emotional and mental feelings, does it also cover physical? For as long as I can remember I have been sensitive to people's emotions, occasionally thoughts, but far more recently I have noticed that I am becoming sensitive to physical pain too, and maybe lack there of. It doesn't happen often, I've only noticed it with my friend and my dog, but when it does it is very noticeable. Is this also empathy, or is there another name for it?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by LynxEyes
I actually have a question. While I know that empathy covers emotional and mental feelings, does it also cover physical? For as long as I can remember I have been sensitive to people's emotions, occasionally thoughts, but far more recently I have noticed that I am becoming sensitive to physical pain too, and maybe lack there of. It doesn't happen often, I've only noticed it with my friend and my dog, but when it does it is very noticeable. Is this also empathy, or is there another name for it?

My sister has chronic back pain, and there have been nights where I havnt
even been able to seleep because my back hurt so much, but it was almost
a detached pain, as if it was obviously not my own.

So I'm quite sure empathy can encompase about anything one mind registers,
because personally I think empathy is just one persons abilitys to hear other
peoples bodys say "OMG, ROFLCOPTER, STFUBBQ, ROAR, OWWW!"

There bodys are allready saying all these things at the top of their lungs
its just only some of us can hear them.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Enjoy it, it probably won't last long. As we age, production of '___' begins to slow and comes to a relative halt at about the same age the pituitary gland kicks in and the Pineal gland begins to calcify. I'm of the opinion that the interractions of our own Amino related neurochemistry and the electromagnetic fields that surround us are the source of alot of our psychic or empathic abilities.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join