It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting over Lake Ontario in Ontario Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm using the term "UFO" in the true sense of the word, it was a flying object that I could not identify.

Around 9:30pm EST several weeks ago near the Pickering Nuclear Power Plant I was driving down a dirt road with fellow forum member Raven and my girlfriend. West of me, towards Toronto, we witnessed something that I cannot explain.

I cannot estimate this craft's height or speed accurately so I won't even hazard a guess. What I witnessed was 5 lights, 4 white, 1 red, all seemingly attached to one object, blinking in rapid, and completely random succession. The blinking was ALMOST as rapid as a strobe light but not quite. This on its own did not spark my interest, but as I slowed down and pointed the object out to my friends we noticed something very very strange. The flying object was changing direction (up, down, forward, left, etc.) instantaneously, and did not lose speed with a change in direction. It did not bank like an airplane or other flying object I have seen before. It's movements also appeared to be random.

At this point, I stopped my car and killed the headlights. It was very dark outside and I had a clear view of the lights. (Keep in mind that because of the distance I was from the object, I could not make out its actual shape, ONLY the lights attached to it). After changing direction very randomly, sinking in height, gaining in height, etc. the object flattened out at one altitude, and flew East, in my direction, directly above my vehicle.

The whole time this was happening I wanted myself to be sure I wasn't fabricating this. I told myself "it's just an airplane" and refocused my eyes. I didn't WANT to see a UFO, I viewed it with as little bias as possible.

I'm sorry that this recollection isn't very well organized, there is so much to talk about...

The sound that the craft made was constant regardless of it's distance from my vehicle. As I just mentioned, it flew directly overhead. No matter how far or close away it was, it made the exact same sound. It sounded SIMILARLY to a small engined prop airplane, but was a pitch that I had never heard before. It was too high pitched to be any airplane I've ever heard, and the sound seemed to undulate like waves.

After the craft passed overhead, we lost sight of it.

I won't lie to you all... I was very scared at the time and didn't know what to make of what I had seen. The most disturbing part of all of this is that after the craft passed overhead, my car wouldn't start. I waited for 10 minutes, and then it started up normally without any problems.

Someone please help me identify what I saw.

To re-cap its description:

- Unidentifiable size.
- Unidentifiable altitude.
- Unidentifiable speed.
- 5 lights (4 white, 1 red) blinking very rapidly and in random succession.
- Prop plane sound at strange pitch and with waving volume, static no matter which distance the object was at.
- Moved more quickly and was more agile than any plane I've ever seen (changed direction instantly with no loss in speed).
- Disabled my car battery after flying overhead.

Thanks in advance! If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Help me figure out what the hell this thing was!

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
most ufo's dont have lights announcing their presence because they want to be covert. Do you think your mind might have played tricks on you with this one?

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I was very careful to look away and look back at the object and to gauge its movement based on buildings and other stationary objects around.

I highly doubt 3 people would see the same thing and for it to be fabricated**.

I don't necessarily believe this is anything special, but I'd like to know what I saw.

edit: **meaning I doubt we all fabricated the same type of images and observations in our mind

[edit on 25-6-2007 by Hollow-X]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
most ufo's dont have lights announcing their presence because they want to be covert. Do you think your mind might have played tricks on you with this one?

there are airplanes with and without lights, thats not to count all types of crafts we are unaware of out of the equation

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This sounds a lot like FrozenThought's story...interestingly enough. Anyhow, pretty freaky if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
So what road was it you were on, and was the sighting in association with the nuke plant?

Wouldn't be the first ufo story emerging from that place if it was. I'm a local...gimme some details and I'll see what I can dig up.

top topics

join