It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witchcraft and Spirituality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Freedom is always and exclusively freedom for the one who thinks differently. - Rosa Luxemburg

Im interested to know who else on the ATS boards practice witchcraft. If they are solitary witches, practice in covens, or anything else.

Witchcraft is a sacred practice and very different from the mainstream beleifs of god-fearing religious people. Much of the common beleif that people have of witchcraft is disinformation that is completly false, and was fabricated by religious leaders who feared and did not understand what it really is. Anyone who knows even a little about the history of the Christian church knows the depths of disinformation produced by its leaders. Witches were but one target of that disinfo.

As a side note, I DO beleive in christ. I do follow his teachings. But I DO NOT follow the church. I beleive the church has misused his teachings and twisted them into something they were not. Of course I dont categorize every chirstian as someone bad, far from it. I know there are many good people. But I also aknowledge there are equally as many people who are shallow in their beleifs and target anyone different from them as "evil".

There is a lot to learn from the practice of witchcraft. It teaches people to value the importance of the world around us and gives the practicer the stength in knowing they can change their lives for the better. To beleive in their own power.

One should examine oneself for a very long time before thinking of condemning others. - Le Misanthrope, I. i

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I agree with you on the church doing all this disinfo on witchcraft and things like it. It is religious/spiritual competition for your 10% donation. These were a big threat to their pockets and their influence back when they were writing the bible...

And it's not like people had a choice then, they'd be killed as a witch if they didn't follow the church - had little to do with their beliefs, it's just the fact they weren't doing what they were told.

But I've just never gotten into witchcraft, It's never really "hooked" me. I'm a fan though!

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Well I am Asatru

My wife and daughters are Wiccans, my sons are agonostics.

I believe all Gods and Goddesses are real tolerance is a virtue

Monothiesm is halfway to Athiesm

A man without out gods has a desert in his heart.

join