It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Mile-wide UFO' spotted by British airline pilot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   

'Mile-wide UFO' spotted by British airline pilot

www.thisislondon.co.uk

One of the largest UFOs ever seen has been observed by the crew and passengers of an airliner over the Channel Islands.

An official air-miss report on the incident several weeks ago appears in Pilot magazine.

Aurigny Airlines captain Ray Bowyer, 50, flying close to Alderney first spotted the object, described as "a cigar-shaped brilliant white light".

"But it must have been much bigger because of how far away it was. It could have been as much as a mile wide."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
A very good sighting from a credible source. What do people make of it? It makes me happy to see a story from a pilot, someone with high credibility who won't mistake a weather balloon or other mundane object for something bizarre.

www.thisislondon.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Here is the original thread concerning the Guernsey sighting.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
How did they know it was a Mile Wide.

The UFO Mile Wide i think was only used to get attention in the media, it was also yellow.

Probably just a big balloon

Unless Aliens been watching Sat TV and have decide to Pimp there Rides dudes.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Just swamp gas...nothing to see here....move along.
lol
This is one of the more interesting sightings, even confirmed by passengers.

Could the pilot have seen a sprite?

Here is a site with some pictures a guy took of some sprites. They don't look much like the description the pilot gave but they do seem to be rather large. And the pictures on his site show them in many different shapes.

jeff.medkeff.com...

[edit on 22-6-2007 by Sparky63]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The URL used for the story is incorect it should be

Mile wide UFO spotted

Links direct to article in question.

I am curious how on earth ehy got the phot have to read the whole story

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Here is a better picture.

www.nasa.gov...

I know sprites have been discussed on other threads and I am not stating that this is what the pilot saw, but it is a possibility, especially if this object did not appear on his radar.

The pilot described it as being thin or narrow.

"It was a very sharp, thin yellow object with a green area. It was 2,000ft up and stationary. I thought it was about 10 miles away, although I later realised it was approximately 40 miles from us. At first, I thought it was the size of a [Boeing] 737.

www.thisislondon.co.uk...

extremely interesting.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Here is another picture of a sprite with a shape that closer to what the pilot saw.

www.kurasc.kyoto-u.ac.jp...

this is the pic of the object the pilot saw.

Sme general shape except for the extra glowing material in the sprite pic.
Same general blue haze though

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Sprites are large scale electrical discharges that occur high above the trailing stratoform regions of active thunderstorm systems.

Source.

There was no mention of any storms in the area.

Originally posted by Sparky63

What is the source for that picture? I wasn't aware there was any. One was being passed around but was exposed as a fake.

[edit on 22/6/07 by Implosion]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Very interesting,

love to see if they say all these people were just having abad dream, or whatnot,

"you did not see anything unusal. it was just a cloud, go home and eat some cookies."

I just think its time, mass - hysteria or not, we need something to happen to unite the closeminded fools of the biggest cover up of all time.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I was thinking the same thing. If you go to the news article and check out the photo credit it says:
"Aurigny Airlines captain Ray Bowyer, 50, described what he thought to be a UFO as 'a cigar-shaped brilliant white light', similar to the image supplied by Dennis Plunket of the British Flying Saucer bureau"

Originally posted by Implosion

Sprites are large scale electrical discharges that occur high above the trailing stratoform regions of active thunderstorm systems.

Source.

There was no mention of any storms in the area.

Originally posted by Sparky63

What is the source for that picture? I wasn't aware there was any. One was being passed around but was exposed as a fake.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by nescafe8572

The UFO Mile Wide i think was only used to get attention in the media, it was also yellow.

Vogons?

just kidding, this is not a one line post

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Its an aether craft.

Dumbed out Brits.

His he sure it was not triangular, but tubular is just as good.

Tell him to watch this, compare to size of plane in video:

Placement of the aether or plasma motors are correct for a tube craft.
See Lyne's "Pentagon Aliens" on how th Germans did it to submarines.
See any rusty tubes flying around up there in Main?

Image to video links
Image with text

[edit on 6/22/2007 by TeslaandLyne]

[edit on 6/22/2007 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunarlunacy
I was thinking the same thing. If you go to the news article and check out the photo credit it says:
"Aurigny Airlines captain Ray Bowyer, 50, described what he thought to be a UFO as 'a cigar-shaped brilliant white light', similar to the image supplied by Dennis Plunket of the British Flying Saucer bureau"

Nice one, good catch.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I stand corrected. The caption in the news article
www.thisislondon.co.uk...

says that what the pilot saw was similar to the image supplied by Dennis Plunket of the British Flying Saucer bureau.

I do not know the background on this picture. I wonder if the pilot acknowleged that this image was similar or if the reporter simply made that assumption.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

This is not the picture; this picture is a file photo that was used in the original article. I am under the impression that there were no photos.

[edit on 6/22/2007 by Togetic]

[edit on 6/22/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
ya know, depending on their angle of view and distance, a saucer could be mistook for a cigar shape pretty readily....wonder if they considered that.

i just think its great when an event is witnessed by a large group. makes it harder to write off

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damocles
ya know, depending on their angle of view and distance, a saucer could be mistook for a cigar shape pretty readily....wonder if they considered that.

i just think its great when an event is witnessed by a large group. makes it harder to write off

Well said, I was thinking the same thing, especially if the craft was glowing, you couldn't make out a shape. For instance, take a dinner plate, hold it in front of you at eye level, and tilt it toward you a little bit. Now imagine there was a blinding glow around it. What shape is it?

[edit on 22-6-2007 by Slash]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I don't know about the sprites as an explanantion, my understanding was that sprites only lasted a few tenths of a second. From the description it sounds like they wouldn't be a likely source for this sighting.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I was thinking it is probably a military version of the hyperblimp.

hyperblimp.com...

To me the pic reminds me of the hyperblimp in shape just much much larger. There have been reports of a US blimp project for a while. Off the top of my head I can also remember the Walrus project. Maybe this is it coming to fruition?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join