It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights Out London

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Lights Out London

www.lightsoutlondon.co.uk

Lights Out London aims to prove that we can all make a difference to the future of our planet. On Thursday 21st June - Midsummer's Night - we are inviting the whole of London to turn off all lights and non-essential appliances between 9 and 10pm.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
This was a resounding success last night, the link will take you to a site that has pictures and video of the lights going out in London yesterday

I am setting a challenge to get other major cities to do the same. If your city has then lets see what it was like and what has happeened since

Valorian

www.lightsoutlondon.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
IMHO - it was t atotal waste of space

it was still daylight when they turned out the lights - which took the edge of what ever impact it may have intended to have

also - look carefully @ pictures - the buildings arround piccadily square are all still lit

what a pointless exercise

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
IMHO - it was t atotal waste of space
what a pointless exercise

I do see your point, I said that yesterday to someone "it will still be light until around 10:20pm"
But you have to start somewhere and this was a good awareness campaign that I feel worked well in the minds even if not too well in reality.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I really hate these exercises.. because, like always, it does not address the fundamental problems or causes!

Its like recycling.. it lifts a bit of guilt from peoples shoulders, those that do it anyway, but yet it is not addressing the fundamental problems, such as plastics in our environment. They have the tech to make biodegradable plastics, but of course, "Money" was a problem...

Green taxes, energy saving lightbulbs, "being green"... does not address the fact that we are still pumping out various toxins and other forms of pollution into the Earth.

CO2 is the least of our worries when it comes to pollution, and there is also no evidence to show thats what is causing climate change.

If you want to make change, educate people about how backwards our world is when it comes to manufacturing and real pollution.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
They've already done this in Hong Kong a few months back, they did it at 2 minutes to 12 so all the schools could be involoved and hopefully educate some kids. Even the non goverenment goverenment type thing turning off for it, yes they really stopped doing nothing for two minutes!

Bearing in mind that every night at 8pm there is a huge light and laser show for all the tourists, and they're not gunna stop that!

And there are extra lights on the big ass buildings right now for the 10 years of "Back to chinese rule" as there are at Xmas and New Year and Lunar New Year.

Oh look at the preetttty lights.

top topics

join