It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Yeshus Actually Sweat Blood?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I thought it would be interesting to place a thread about the possible scientific reason that Yeshua sweated blood. I like finding scientific reasons for "miracles". I am firm believe in Yeshua, but I do not believe that God ever works outside the laws of the universe. Miracles like in my signature are possible but do have a scientific basis
First off it is recorded by Luke the physician and reads as follows

“And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.”
—Luke 22:44

So Sweating Blood
#1 is it possible? Yes
#2 what is it called? Hematohidrosis
#3 how would that happen? sweat glands have a good blood supply, under extreme stress they can constrict then rebound vasodialte and rupture and then the sweat is filled with blood.

Just thought some might find this interesting.

Although this medical condition is relatively rare, according to Dr. Frederick Zugibe (Chief Medical Examiner of Rockland County, New York) it is well-known, and there have been many cases of it. The clinical term is “hematohidrosis.” “Around the sweat glands, there are multiple blood vessels in a net-like form.” Under the pressure of great stress the vessels constrict. Then as the anxiety passes “the blood vessels dilate to the point of rupture. The blood goes into the sweat glands.” As the sweat glands are producing a lot of sweat, it pushes the blood to the surface - coming out as droplets of blood mixed with sweat.

www.christiananswers.net...

[edit on 16-6-2007 by junglelord]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Poor soul, i feel sorry for Jesus. He was like that guy in Idiocracy with simple message of peace and cooperation but no, Jews wanted him nailed to the cross. Now they expect God will protect Jerusalem... Yea right.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Yes I do believe it. I thinks its when you pray so hard with so much force the intensity brings it out.

St Gemma, a girl who had the stigmata sweat blood as well soaking her sheets and matresses, it was tested by doctors and observed by her spiritual director. She was a victim soul.

www.stgemma.com...

peace.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sb2012
Poor soul, i feel sorry for Jesus. He was like that guy in Idiocracy with simple message of peace and cooperation but no, Jews wanted him nailed to the cross. Now they expect God will protect Jerusalem... Yea right.
You cannot punish a people for the pasts of their ancestors.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I think its possible.

about 4 years ago, I had been told about this shaman, healer. So, I made an appointment to see him. He didn't charge anything.

Many years before I had had a bad fall and had problems with my lower back. I told him about this and he massaged my body. When he was massaging me, I could hardly feel it...it was very strange. Anyway, I left and went home. I went to bed and I had a white t shirt on and light coloured sheets. I woke up in the morning and there was this fine blood mist on the sheets and on my t shirt. I got up and freaked out. I rang one of my Native American Indian friends and told her. She was like... I want to see him... lol

so, if that happened to me, why couldn't it happen to Christ?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The question should be phrased differently. Instead of asking, "Did Yeshus Actually Sweat Blood?", the question should be, "Does the Scripture say that Yeshus Actually Sweated Blood?" Luke, the beloved physician, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, chose NOT to say Jesus sweat drops of blood. He instead said that His sweat dropped like drops of blood. Many a false statement has been made concerning our Lord by well meaning preachers. But, if we are going to be true to Scripture, we must rightly divide the Word of truth.

Phillip Senn
Troy, TN

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironside

Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: Ironside you say and I quote "You cannot punish a people for the pasts of their ancestors." and I agree fully with that ideal but I would like to bring your attention several biblical scriptures that shows that YHVH/GOD does otherwise!

Exd 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that
hate me;
Exd 34:7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear [the guilty]; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's
children, unto the third and to the fourth [generation].
Num 14:18 The LORD [is] longsuffering, and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression, and by no means clearing [the guilty], visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth
[generation].
Deu 5:9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me.

Personal Disclosure: Full body stigmata and its got a scientific basis. Amazing!

Become totally disillusioned and finally see everything for real. Think Globally Act Locally Feel Internally.DENY IGNORANCE 1st.

top topics

join