It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Scrubs Atlas V Launch w/ Top-Secret Payload

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This morning, I say one of those yellow ALERT banners across the top of FoxNews.com. It read, "NASA Scrubs Launch of Atlas V with Top-Secret Paylod".

Interesting.

I was in a hurry to get to work, so I figured I would read more about it on my computer at work. As soon as I got to my desk, the ALERT banner was gone. I did a search for "Scrub Atlas V" and only one document comes up... from 2006. I have tried a few other search keywords, but still cannot find that article on Fox.

Did anyone else see this? Can anyone else find it? Did NASA/DoD call FoxNews this morning?

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
from the link above..

Countdown: A pair of top-secret ocean surveillance craft are scheduled to launch Thursday on an Atlas rocket from Cape Canaveral. This photo shows the rocket at rollout on Wednesday. Michael R. Brown, FLORIDA TODAY.

A problem with the range safety system that protects the people and property from an out-of-control rocket mishap has forced the cancellation of today's Atlas V launch.

While the government and its contractors will not discuss the payload, the trade magazine Aviation Week & Space Technology reports that the craft are intended to track ships moving at sea, including those that might hint at terrorist activities or Chinese or Iranian naval tactics.

[edit on 14-6-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Thanks for the info guys. I just thought something funny was up when the article disappeared from FoxNews.

Thanks for the links!

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
i did a search also. found this story: (CNN) -- Amateur space detectives think they have identified the top-secret payload that roared into orbit on an Atlas rocket this weekend.nd came up with something very interesting.

now for the date of the article. September 10 2001. i wonder if this is in the 9/11 conspiracy section??

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Ooo, interesting find. Can you post a link?

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
sorry about the delay....here is the link: archives.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
From the Linked Article

The triplets fly in tight formations to help them zero in on the location of radio transmissions from water and possibly land. The new satellites might be replacing one of a number of older generation NOSS clusters, Molczan said.

NOSS formations might be responsible for strange triangles of lights, witnessed on occasion by night sky observers, according to UFO experts.

Huh! Interesting! So if you see 3 points of light in a triangle formation, without any blinkers on, it might just be a spy satellite cluster! Be sure to wave at them, because they might just be looking at YOU!

[edit on 6/14/2007 by damajikninja]

top topics

join