It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't tell what exactly I had.. OOBE stuff, interesting either way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I had some sort of OOBE but I don't think it was purely a dream or an Astral Projection either. I'd like to find out what it was.

If it was a dream, it was no normal dream. As far as AP, I am inexperienced, so I want to ask for some input.

My main thoughts on why it might not have been an AP:

1. The ease of leaving the body: It was very easy to leave my body, I left once and came back, and left again as if I bounced off. It was effortless. I didn't feel like I crossed much of a line if you know what I mean, there was no noise.

2. My silver cord: Once outside my house a bit, I looked behind me and then remembered to look for the silver cord. I did not notice it until I thought about it, and it was barely discernable. But then it started to get brighter until almost white. It also started to thicken. Then I looked back at my house and it almost seemed as if it was wrapped around the house. Or maybe it had followed the same course I had taken to leave. It also felt very taught, and made a noise like a messed up guitar string when I let go of it.

3. I did not go automatically back to my body when I got worried: I started getting a little scared because the silver cord felt so strange and real (and not so impervious as I would have thought), I wanted to go back and I thought - "If I get too worried, my body will automatically go flying back." So I just floated up on my back waiting for it to happen, and then it didn't. My trip back to my body was rather slow, but deliberate.. going halfway around the house for some reason, and all the way back through a window and 2 doors.

While I have these questions, it did however feel different from a dream. I did not feel as though I could simply wake up. It was also much more carefree than a dream, more peaceful and less fear. Even when I was worried about the silver cord, I didn't seem to get that worried, as if something held me back from overreacting.

Could anyone with some Astral Projecting experience discuss these issues? Or maybe someone has read something somewhere that would have something to do with what went on with me?

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Sounds like you had an OBE to me.

Sometimes I can project with total ease and can just slip out where as other times I have to put all my effort into it. I guess this depends on how relaxed you are. The chord.. well some see it and some dont. I've not noticed anything although ive not thought about looking whilst out of body yet. One thing that makes me wonder is if anyone has seen the silver chord before whilst having an OBE without prior knowledge of it before hand. Returning to your body when dreaming seems to be instant ive found where as OBE's seem to take a few seconds or even more. I'd suggest reading the OBE thread too its full of info.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Oh definetly, I'm going to read that whole thread now and add my experience to it.

I have also wondered the same about the silver cord. It was strange how it sort of appeared after I tried to find it, which made me think maybe this was manufactured by my thoughts.

I'll add my experience to the OOBE thread but this is an interesting tidbit. One of the doors I had to come through to get back to my body is usually left wide open. I am really glad I came back in that way now. Had I just gone straight back to my body I would have never known. I thought that this wouldn't check out with my experience, so I checked it after writing down the experience and the door was in fact shut, which really surprised me.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
How real did it feel? I have heard it feels more than real, like you feel more alive. More energy, and more joy. Is that what you felt?

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It felt just like a dream, which as you probably know can feel very real. So it felt like a dream would feel if the dream felt very very real.

I didn't feel tired or groggy or any pain while out but I still felt human and I knew had limits. I could feel things though and I could feel that I felt good.

It felt like I was outside of my body, in some sort of spirit form. It even felt like people should have been able to see me, had they been there.

So yes it felt real, it felt like I was really outside of my body. I just sort of had an idea of what was probably going on, because I have read up on this stuff a lot.

If you are interested in OOBE you should read some of the pinned OOBE thread. I put my experience in full on it as well, which may be boring to read cause it's long, but not if you are interested.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It wont let me edit, but I was trying to say that while it feels just like a dream, it does not feel like a typical dream. I hope that makes sense.

It feels like a very real dream, which is not typical of dreams, but happens. So while it feels like a dream, there is a gut feeling that says it is something different

new topics

top topics

join