It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Renovation's To Gore's Home Nearly Complete

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Al Gore, the environmental activist stung by criticism over his home's energy efficiency, says renovations are nearly complete to make it a model "green" home.

"This plan has been in the works for a long time," the former vice president said Friday. "The only thing that has changed is that we're more public about it because of the misleading attack by a global-warming denier group."

Once his upscale neighborhood changed zoning laws earlier this year, Gore was able to place solar panels on his roof, and he's preparing to install a geothermal system that will, among other things, drastically reduce the cost of heating his pool.
Gore also is upgrading windows and ductwork, installing more energy-efficient light bulbs and creating a rainwater-collection system for irrigation and water management.

SOURCE:
Seattle Times

Normally this should'nt have even needed to be news, but considered the idiocentric groups
that initially accused him, whom did'nt even do their homework completely on the issue,
made their statements, it is.

Of course the group also is now trying to claim that the only reason he is doing this is
because of their claims, which of course is patently false, in the documentary
'An Inconvenient Truth' Al Gore even mentions that he is having work done on his home
to make it more green.

Comments, Opinions?

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Well I dont really see why something like this would be even newsworthy as you pointed out. Its not really anyones business what you do or do not have or do in your own home. But I guess I can understand why something like this might raise some heads due to the home in question. I mean if youre preaching one thing and doing something else its not really a good way to get people behind your movement.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gonjo
Well I dont really see why something like this would be even newsworthy as you pointed out. Its not really anyones business what you do or do not have or do in your own home.

I agree. However, the public decided to make his home newsworthy...and so it is newsworthy.

I agree with IK in that Gore had always intended on making his house "green" and it was not a response to the critique. I have been a fan of Gore for some time now ever since reading The Earth in Balance. He has been envolved in environmental issues since his schooling.

I mean if youre preaching one thing and doing something else its not really a good way to get people behind your movement.

Well this preacher is changing his lifestyle to be more green. Progress has no past my friend

new topics

join