It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamen D and Cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Well I am suprised that this thread was not posted yet.
News this week in Canada from the Canadian Cancer Society recommendation comes on heels of U.S. study suggesting vitamen D supplement slashes risk of disease by as much as 60 per cent.

MARTIN MITTELSTAEDT

From Friday's Globe and Mail

June 8, 2007 at 12:00 AM EDT

TORONTO — The Canadian Cancer Society plans to announce Friday that all adults should start taking vitamin D, coinciding with the release of a groundbreaking U.S. study indicating the supplement cuts the risk of cancer by an astounding 60 per cent.

The move is believed to be the first time a major public-health organization has endorsed daily use of the sunshine vitamin as a cancer-prevention therapy for an entire population.

It follows a flurry of research suggesting the low-cost vitamin confers a high degree of protection against a wide variety of cancers. There are also striking study results suggesting that people who develop the disease often have low blood levels of vitamin D.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Good one junglelord, I hadn't seen that. I checked my 2-a-day. I get 800 IU. The article says 1000, so I guess I'm ok.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
thanks for the info.
kudos

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
So I drink massive amounts of chocolate milk, does that mean im good to go?

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
So I drink massive amounts of chocolate milk, does that mean im good to go?

The only thing worse than milk is sugary milk. Check this link and kick the habit. www.notmilk.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo

The only thing worse than milk is sugary milk. Check this link and kick the habit. www.notmilk.com...

OMG I am not going to read that! Ive already heard a few things but tried to ignore. I love my choc. milk.
Is it real bad or is it like drinking a lot of coffee or coke .
Also I smoke, what would be the lesser of evils?

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Lets not lose focus on a good thread please.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglelord

Not trying to lose focus here but doesnt milk have a lot of vit D?
Wouldnt it be good for me according to the report?

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglelord

My bad. earth2, I suggest getting your D from a pill.

I would also suggest that, since incidental exposure to the sun is unavoidable, people shouldn't purposely try to increase their exposure for the purposes of Vitamin D. All things considered (skin cancer, skin aging, retinal UV damage, etc.), the less sun the better.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2

Originally posted by yuefo

OMG I am not going to read that! Ive already heard a few things but tried to ignore. I love my choc. milk.
Is it real bad or is it like drinking a lot of coffee or coke .
Also I smoke, what would be the lesser of evils?

Same here...I went to this site that was anti-milk...but there's no way in hell I would stop drinking my milk & ovaltine. That's classic stuff you know...you don't just get rid of something like that overnight. I think I already sacrificed enough by not eating meat anymore.

And there's vitamin d milk...

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
For Vitamen D I take Greens Plus Bone Builder/one scoop a day
Udos Blend/two tablespoons a day
Coral Calcium in powder form to round out the mix as vit d and calcium are synergistic.

Milk, vit D fortified, 8 oz 90-98IU

[edit on 10-6-2007 by junglelord]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
another thread bounced from medical Issues.
three in three days.

Well I am stumped.
For years the medical community said vitamens did nothing, then they wanted to make them all prescription, like theres no conspiracy there.

So why is my thread moved to health and wellness if the medical community was not provitamen for so many years.?

make some definate parameters please for the medical issue in ATS so i know what you want there and what you don't

top topics

join