It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex Crimes and the Vatican

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
.... Yet everybody knows, that there was no JESUS - that he is just a bad copy of all the SUN-GOD-MYTHS, and that man has always worshiped the SUN. So like mister Thomas Paine once said:

"The Christian religion is a parody on the worship of the SUN, in which they put a man called Christ in the place of the SUN, and pay him the adoration originally payed to the SUN!"

I agree with much of what you say regarding religion and its abuse of power. The quote by Thomas Paine is very interesting and I find no fault with that. In fact it is true that many so called Christian holidays have their origin in Pagan celebrations to Sun gods or fertility gods....ect.

However I don't think that you can conclude from the statement made by Thomas Paine that Jesus did not exist as a historical figure, or that even he doubted that.

You have the testimony of Jesus followers who wrote about him in the first century, Then you also have the secular testimony of the historian Josephus, in his book Jewish Antiquities, also writing in the first century.

HE may not have had personal contact with JEsus but he did not doubt that he existed.

Then we have the testimony of Tacitus , born about 55 C.E. and considered one of the world’s greatest historians, mentioned the Christians in his Annals.

In the account about Nero’s blaming the great fire of Rome in 64 C.E. on them, he wrote: “Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus.” The details of this account match the information regarding the Jesus of the Bible.

Then we have the accoount of Pliny the Younger, the governor of Bithynia. In about the year 111 C.E., Pliny wrote to Emperor Trajan, asking how to handle Christians. People who were falsely accused of being Christians, wrote Pliny, would repeat an invocation to the gods and worship the statue of Trajan, just to prove that they were not Christians. Pliny continued: “There is no forcing, it is said, those who are really Christians, into any of these compliances.” That testifies to the reality of the existence of the Christ, whose followers were prepared to give their lives for their belief in him.

After summarizing the references to Jesus Christ and his followers by the historians of the first two centuries, The Encyclopædia Britannica (2002 edition) (soory I dont have an online reference to this) concludes: “These independent accounts prove that in ancient times even the opponents of Christianity never doubted the historicity of Jesus, which was disputed for the first time and on inadequate grounds at the end of the 18th, during the 19th, and at the beginning of the 20th centuries.”

If I misunderstood you view on wether Jesus was a real person I apologize.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Sparky63, Wow! What a great quality of research fit into the quantity interesting, yet focused enough for a post- Great job!!!

Jesus' existence is next to irrefutable, which always makes me laugh when people state, "He was a good man, but not the son of God." My question to those who state this- Does that mean that you think this 'great holy man' was also a liar? He did, in fact, claim to be the son of God, right?

[edit on 29-6-2007 by nowayreally]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Allow me to answer that.
Religion was designed to keep MAN away from NATURE.

You mean all religions were meant to keep man from nature? Or do you mean a specific religion... because I can't think of SINGLE religion that wants to keep man from nature. In fact, most religions such as Shintoism were created to explain phenomena in nature and examine it more closely.

Most religions were designed to keep MAN in war with another MAN - the system of DIVIDE & RULE.

Really? Name me a religion designed to keep men at war with one another. The key word is DESIGNED, as you'll see that no religion had an original meaning of self destruction.

Specifically Catholic religion is a copy of several other Sun-God-Myths from Persia, Greece, Rome, India and Scandinavia. If you did not notice, every one of those religions worships SUN - and the same is with Catholicism.

Your claims are becoming more erroneous as we go along, Souljah. Since when did Catholicism preach the worship of the sun? As for the claim that Catholicism is the copy of several other myths, research the origins of the FIRST Christians and the disciple Peter, who was the foundation of the first Christian churches.

As to the rest of your post, c'mon. Are you serious? It sounds like a mixed cocktail of "The Age of Reason" and David Icke.

AND must importantly - it EMPOWERS those who know the truth but us that MYTH to manipulate and CONTROL human society. Therefore;

RELIGION CAN NEVER REFORM MANKIND,

BECAUSE RELIGION IS SLAVERY!

Religion can and HAS reformed mankind on countless occasions. Its called the Renaissance, the Protestant Reformation, the birth of America, Civil Rights, etc etc.

Religion isn't slavery. That's an insult to actual slaves.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join