It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell? Losing it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
My vision has been getting a bit worse from around age 18-20. So I was wondering if anyone who does anything with the paranormal ever sees various things out of the corner of their eyes. Like the could be alleged shadow people. I think it may be Charles Bonnet syndrome or however it's spelled. Some people say that it let's you see other things than the physical plane. I doubt it does, but am I losing it, is this anything paranormal, or is it simply Charles Bonnet?

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
How stressful has your life been since you were 18? Have you moved out? Started a stressful job? Quit doing drugs?

Glycol in your Generic brand toothpaste? (Causes cysts in the brain)

I recently got over what I feel was a psychotic episode, strong feelings of self worth, grandious. Basically I over reacted to everything. I was very guillible (Which didn't help that I started coming here during it.) I thought God was constantly giving me signs that the end of the world was coming, thought the chinese were poisoning my food (And everyone elses). At the time I was going through unemployment problems (Disgruntled Worker) relationship problems with over half of my friends and my girlfriend. Family stress since I moved out, and quit smoking MJ.

Anyway, just research and research, and be humorous. Humor helped me keep my anxiety down, and from running to jerusalam(sp) to be one of the two witnessess before the end times. Just becareful of your thoughts, and don't let them run away with you.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
HI Skeptickal. Best thing would be to go have your eyes tested by a professional.

As far as 'seeing various things out of the corners of' your eyes --- I remember my grandmother writing to me to say she'd been diagnosed as having 'floaters'. She described these as moving or 'floating' dark blobs which made it seem as if dark shadows were moving around on either side of her -- her peripheral vision, I think she meant.

Because her doctor had explained *why* she was 'seeing' the shadowy shapes, the phenomenon didn't alarm her.

If she hadn't spoken to her doctor about what she was experiencing, she may well have decided there was something paranormal about it. Or she may have believed strangers had broken into her home and that these were the shadowy movements she was seeing out of the corners of her eyes.

Best advice: pop along to a professional for an eye examination. Process of elimination. If nothing is found to be wrong with your vision, then it's back to the drawing board.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
holy crap

I recently got over what I feel was a psychotic episode, strong feelings of self worth, grandious. Basically I over reacted to everything. I was very guillible (Which didn't help that I started coming here during it.) I thought God was constantly giving me signs that the end of the world was coming, thought the chinese were poisoning my food (And everyone elses). At the time I was going through unemployment problems (Disgruntled Worker) relationship problems with over half of my friends and my girlfriend. Family stress since I moved out, and quit smoking MJ.

that me right there in a nutshell.and im currently 18. i have used those examples except the end of the world..i know there will be some one beside me.
any ways smoking MJ must be whats doing it right now .i took anti-depressants for 6 months or so i quit cold turkey ,and well thats no good says the doctor. its like my brain won't ever shut off. but then again i have been like that since a child
i used to do alot of extasy but not for a couple years. because my best friend had a heart attack from coc aine.
Could i just have a very sensitive and overused/overactive imagination?

if glycol can give u sist's then what else can.u heard of agent orange?
i forgot to mention that when the anger started it was like dominoes with all the other good stuff fallin down around me

[edit on 10-6-2007 by ward8]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Could be CBS. That is if you have any kind of optic disorder (which you should really be checked for). And remember it is very rare in young people and is usually caused by age related macular degeneration. My mothers aunt has it. She sees "people" all the time, including her late husband. But then she has had it diagnosed and can control it with black light (don't ask me how it works).

Get checked then look at other avenues.

new topics

top topics

join