It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 year old Track Star Dies from Muscle Cream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
:shk:Very sad story and completely unbelievable.People believe this stuff is safe.NEW YORK (AP) -- A medical examiner blamed a 17-year-old track star's death on the use of too much muscle cream, the kind used to soothe aching legs after exercise.

Arielle Newman, a cross-country runner at Notre Dame Academy on Staten Island, died after her body absorbed high levels of methyl salicylate, an anti-inflammatory found in sports creams such as Bengay and Icy Hot, the New York City medical examiner said Friday.
www.cnn.com... I believe I should have quoted the above as external source, sorry.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
wow i guess one of "those things" that can happen? maybe she was allergic?? wow that sucks though! maybe she was addicted to it? i heard of people being addicted to chapstick and stuff.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Quite possibly she was addicted to it.Or like many of us thought it would be safer to use than taking pain pills.Perhaps she had an injury she was trying to hide and was over-using the cream to deal with it.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Yeah, thanks to these dimwits the over dose themselves and run track, soon you won't be able to buy aspirin without a Dr's prescription.

They're already looking for reasons to ban all vitamins and supplements.

new topics

top topics

join