It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Amnesty - I'd build the fence myself if I could!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Now, I am a avid reader of ATS and lately have been reading posts about amnesty and listening to both sides of the "fence" so to speak. I have compiled a short list of why I am totally against any form of amnesty for ILLEGAL immigrants.

One idea I would propose to the government if I could would be to allow US citizens to fence off the boarder as a non-profit community service. I know for one I would put in as many hours as possible to help stop this blatent disregard for our countries laws. If we had a strictly voluenteer group of people dedicated to building a fence along the whole US/Mexico boarder, I bet a good amount of people would lend a hand and put a end to this travesty.

Now on to the reason for my post. Here is a short list of reasons why I myself am totally against ANY form of amnesty. The world ILLEGAL is used for a reason, and what kind of example are we setting for our children if we allow ILLEGAL activities to continue - not only to allow it, but to actually encourage it!

1. "the increasing number of illegal aliens coming into the United States is forcing the closure of hospitals, spreading previously vanquished diseases and threatening to destroy America's prized health-care system, says a report in the spring issue of the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons."
www.worldnetdaily.com...

2. "84 California hospitals are closing their doors as a direct result of the rising number of illegal aliens and their non-reimbursed tax on the system."
spring issue of the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons.

3. "TB was virtually absent in Virginia until in 2002, when it spiked a 17 percent increase, but Prince William County, just south of Washington, D.C., had a much larger rise of 188 percent. Public health officials blamed immigrants. In 2001 the Indiana School of Medicine studied an outbreak of MDR-TB, and traced it to Mexican illegal aliens. The Queens, New York, health department attributed 81 percent of new TB cases in 2001 to immigrants. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ascribed 42 percent of all new TB cases to 'foreign born' people who have up to eight times higher incidences apparently, 66 percent of all TB cases coming to America originate in Mexico, the Philippines and Vietnam."

4. "Given their past stances, CBC members can be expected to support amnesty for illegal immigrants and the proposed new guest-worker program that will further disadvantage working-class Americans and those who will compete with the new immigrants for housing, health care, education and other benefits provided to low- and moderate-income Americans. "
www.washingtontimes.com...

5. "It is estimated by the National Research Council that the average household of illegal aliens in California alone uses $3,463 annually in services paid for by taxpayers. This includes, but is not limited to, health care, education, welfare, and criminal justice."
skymail-immigration.blogspot.com...

6. "By increasing the labor supply between 1980 and 2000, immigration reduced the average annual earnings of U.S.-born men by an estimated $1,700, or roughly 4 percent."
www.npr.org...

7. "Law enforcement officials and lawmakers such as Pearce also contend that crime follows illegal immigrants across the border. The state prison system spent $77 million last year detaining more than 4,000 illegal immigrants."
www.stateline.org...

8. "U.S. federal government spends at least $10 billion a year, which is estimated to climb to at least $30 billion a year if illegal aliens receive amnesty or qualify for full federal benefits."
www.noinvaders.org...

There is MANY more reasons, but I cannot fit them all in this post. Im sure you all get the idea.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I really don't know where i stand on this issue. Any illegal I've had the chance to work with says the best they can do down there is $5 a day. Allot of foreign companies move manufacturing jobs down there and pay a little better than the Mexican minimum wage, which i think is about $3.75 (43 pesos) a day. They make more at foreign companies, but still not good.

Then there's the hole "give us your tired...", you know how it goes. I've heard the "well im tired....", well you already here so get over it. And the fact that most Americans are not native to this land so where do we get the right to say its illegal to come over here. I also just feel a guilt for not trying to help people in need.

but,..

They are screwing up our economy. Although i think some of that stuff about the desises is tring to get us scared and against it, I don't know to much bout thier health care system but can only assume its not the best around and can understand they are bringing germs over that we have got rid of here.

Im pretty sure deporting 12 million people is easier said then done. And I am completely AGAINST any sorta rounding them up and putting them in "camps".
I'm sure a wall, not a fence, but a large expensive wall, nothing crazy, mabey electrified but no machine guns or anything like that. Kepp them out not kill them for trying to cross.
then amnasty for the ones already here and on top of that I think, scince america is the greatist contry in the world, although i don't think that says much, should do something to take care of the problem and not the symptom and give these people a reason to stay out of my country and in theirs. Start by not importing anything that wasn't made by people who make less than our minimum wage.

but im tired of typing now so i leave it at that,

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
the economy's not screwed b/c of illegal immigrants. That's a lie, it's not the illegals they put on TV. That's a whole other story for any threads involving American Nazi's.

the problem is Profit margin. Bottom line. Rich get richer and monopolize all of the funds, assets, land and anything of true worth. Blaming illegals and non-taxpayers takes the heat off the people who should be accountable, millitary, government and corporations-which seem to hide behind the same curtain. The whole Blame game is just a smokescreen for us to give up more rights willingly under the guise of securtiy. Illegal immigrants might as well be called not quite consumer tax payers. The whole, they do jobs that we wont argument is funny, b/c last I checked a lotta jobs are getting outsourced anyway, in the name of profit. The Dollar's falling so far that nothing can save it, but it was constructed to do so. When the time is right, poof there goes the plug, and I wouldn't be surprised if most of us were considered illegals.

So tell me, are the mexicans who come to California or travel into Texas or New Mexico or Arizona wrong for being in a land that was theirs to being with? I'm just wondering b/c if mexicans were to do to Americans what those Founding fathers and colonists did to the natives here in the first place, what would happen? Would they get praised in "history" as liberators? Or are they just too dark?

This whole issue is a sham, and it's not b/c there aren't valid points, but when we have a president who calls the Constitution a "damned piece of paper" and even that piece of paper doesn't acknowledge the natives, or blacks or women for that matter,. America was one big investment scam anyway.

How is everyone going to react when they decide that the issue is bigger than "immigrants" and then they go for everyday ppl. What then? Still going to build that wall? Seems like some already have it built in their heads

When I see things like this, it's just a reminder that those in control will try to narrow our scope more and more so that we don't even look @ what's really going down.

not agreeing or disagreeing with anything or anyone, just speaking on what's going down and not what they want us to think is...

join