It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yamantau Mountain-What is Russia hiding there????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Deep inside the Yamantau Mountain, the Russians have built a top secret complex reminicent of the darkest days of the cold war. Noone really knows what this mystery facility is for. Some believe that they are hideing nuclear warheads in violation of Intermedieat Nuclear Forces Treaty on 1988. Others believe it might even be some kind of command center design to survive a nuclear war. The bigger conspiracy here is that the Russain govermment might be build this place using US aid that was Spacifically Earmarked by the American govenment to assit in Russian disarment efforts initiated to bring them into complience with US/Russian Arms Control Treaties.

Here's a excerpt from the website:

A Huge Anthill?

[www.fas.org] -- Starting in the Brezhnev period, Russia has been pursuing construction of a massive underground facility at Yamantau Mountain and the city of Mezhgorye (formerly the settlements of Beloretsk-15 and Beloretsk-16). Russia's 1997 federal budget lists the project as a closed territory containing installations of the Ministry of Defense.

On April 16, 1996, the New York Times reported on a mysterious military base being constructed in Russia:

"In a secret project reminiscent of the chilliest days of the Cold War, Russia is building a mammoth underground military complex in the Ural Mountains, Western officials and Russian witnesses say.
"Hidden inside Yamantau mountain in the Beloretsk area of the southern Urals, the project involved the creation of a huge complex, served by a railroad, a highway, and thousands of workers."

The complex, being built inside Yamantau mountain by tens of thousands of workers, covers an area the size of the Washington area inside the Beltway

For the rest of the story go to: Yamatau: A Future Armageddon?

This site peaked my suspicions. It is very clear that the Russains are working on something secret in this underground facility. The size alone raises questions about the nature of this project. To add to it, If there is truth to the speculation that the Russian are diverting US Aid intended to foster compliance with arms control treaties, we may have a real conspiracy on our hannds here.

What do you all think this place is?

Tim

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
We have underground facilities here in the USA... I do not see why they should not have any...

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
nevermind

[edit on 8-6-2007 by granoladude]

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AbitTweaked
We have underground facilities here in the USA... I do not see why they should not have any...

I am fully aware of that! My question is what does this place do?

Is it a command Center?

A Missile Base?

R&D?

VIP Bunker?

Does anyone know what is going on at Yamantau Mountain?

Tim

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Just because we have a publicly known underground base (NORAD, for instance) does not clear this topic from suspicions. It must be noted that the purpose of Cheyenne Mountain has been known for years and is even parodied in multiple Hollywood productions (Austin Powers for instance :lol
. Thus, when comparing these two bases, ours and the one in Russia, there is a fine line that is drawn. The base in Russia is one of mystery and subject to conspiracy. Combine this with a sudden influx in debate over missile defense systems and weapons that have the potential to beat current defense tactics, and we've got quite a topic here.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Tim,
Great post, but old news. Surprised it hasn't been brought up, before.

Maybe this Site will be of some interest to you.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Excellent site you provided, Lex! That pretty much covered the whole thing in one article. Interesting that we're still building bunkers and secret facilities even after the Cold War "ended."

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Thanks Lex,

I was surpised too that I had never seen a refrence to it here on ATS before. That is the main reason why I decided to make a post on the complex. Thanks for the reply and the fallow-up link!

Tim

top topics

join