It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the path to World War 3?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I’m sure to most by now it comes as no surprise that tensions between western nations and eastern/middle eastern nations are at an alarming height. Namely and for the most part US and Iran – but now even more recently and much more worrisome, the Russian relationship with the US is exceedingly getting worse -- regaining the name of status quo ante… the ‘cold war’. We all knew the cold war never really came to an end…rather just a very long standstill, and it was almost inevitable that at some point both super powers would once again fabricate the excuses in order to settle their indifferences once and for all, the need for control.

Of course, since we’re completely out of the loop of what is really going on, all we can go on is what we hear from news sources. May just be over exaggerated propaganda from one side or the other, or perhaps it’ll be the things we don’t hear that give hints… but the purpose of this thread is to gather reports, old and new, anything that may link up to the big picture – and get as much truth out of it as possible in order to get a good idea of what is going on and what the future holds for us.

I don’t know about you, but if there is a chance the ‘#s about to hit the fan’ on the scale of “World War 3” – I’d want to know about it WHILE there is still time to do something (move friends & family to safe location, get as many people as possible aware of the situation etc).

Understanding politics and spotting particular ‘signs’ aren’t my best area, but I know there are many on this board who are experts. I’m hoping I can get your input on this, but keep in mind I only want your “predictions” after we’ve gone through a fair bit of info gathered on this thread. I’m not prepared to just take your word for it, not on such a serious matter as this…where lives may depend on it. First we gather enough evidence – just enough to be able to make an accurate prediction based on the general expertise of individuals on this board.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I'm also very keen in finding out which key nations, that we're not hearing so much, about will be having a role in this; and which side they will turn to -- assuming there is reality to such an 'event'.

Here's a most recent reporting on the Russian/US situation -

U.S. intelligence chief says Russian spies at "Cold War levels"

WASHINGTON, June 7 (RIA Novosti) - The United States national counterintelligence chief said the number of Russian agents operating in the country had reached "Cold War levels," but added that this was normal and would not affect bilateral relations.

Joel Brenner said in a radio interview, "They are sending over an increasing and troubling number of intelligence officers into the United States," adding that Russia, China, Iran, Cuba were the most persistent and aggressive intelligence threats to the U.S.

Former head of FBI counterintelligence David Szady backed up Brenner's claims adding that Russian agents operated at the UN and embassies, and also arrived in the U.S. under the cover of students or businessmen.

Dmitry Simes, a political scientist with the Nixon Centre, believes the situation is having a negative effect on U.S.-Russia intelligence cooperation, citing a high-ranking intelligence source who said the U.S. was pretending it shared intelligence information with Russia, and Moscow pretended it used it in its work.

But Brenner disagreed with Simes stating there were lots of areas where Russia and the U.S. continued to work effectively, including intelligence.

The Russian side was not immediately available for comment.

[edit: fixed link and bbcode]

[edit on 7-6-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Can't edit my replies for some reason, sorry for the stuffup in the above post.

Here's some important news just in -

Latvia ready to host U.S. missile shield - PM
en.rian.ru...

RIGA, June 7 (RIA Novosti) - Latvia is ready to consider the possibility of placing elements of a U.S. missile shield on its territory if necessary, the country's prime minister said Thursday.

"We would certainly agree to a [U.S.] proposal if we receive it, because European security is very important," Aigars Kalvitis said in an interview with Latvia's TV5 channel. "I am certain of this because we are a member of NATO and the EU, and play a part in Europe's collective security."

NATO's Secretary General Jaap de Hoop Scheffer said Wednesday the entire European continent and all NATO allies, wherever they are located, should be covered by the U.S. missile defense elements in Europe.

The U.S. national missile defense system currently deploys missile interceptors at Fort Greeley, Alaska, and at Vandenberg, about 130 miles (209 kilometers) northwest of Los Angeles.

The United States proposed earlier this year expanding its missile shield to sites in the Czech Republic and Poland, allegedly to counter a potential threat from Iran and North Korea.

The Kremlin has responded angrily to U.S. plans, citing threats to national security, and said U.S. missile bases in Europe could become targets of its pinpoint strikes.

Russia last week tested a new ballistic missile capable of carrying multiple nuclear warheads and a new cruise missile, saying the tests were part of Moscow's response to U.S. anti-missile plans.

The Latvian premier called Russia's position on the issue aggressive and confrontational.

"It is a quite an aggressive stance on the part of Russia," the Latvian premier said. "To announce that they [the Russians] could aim missiles at Europe is a policy that leads to confrontation."

The presidents of Russia and the United States are likely to discuss the proposed deployment of a U.S. missile shield in Central Europe on the sidelines of the ongoing summit of the Group of Eight leading industrialized nations in Germany.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I dont think we'll get a next world war because of the tensions between countries right now[and the reasons because of it]
But i do think these countries[us and e.u vs russia/china/iran] and also totally different combinations would go beyond stalemate because of climate changing, exhausting of natural resources. In the future nations go to war with their neighbours because of flooding in their country or droughts just to regain territory to live. Maybe wars will start cause of shortage of water, not of oil.
I do think at this moment the empire of the us is weakening, more and more wars need to be started to regain economic positions and power centres are about to shift to China[russia? as the supplier of resources], but if this would be another cold war or trigger a world war?..
Nations are to much intertwined in relations[such as China and the US], maybe this will cause chain reactions in certain events maybe it will curtail them for letting that happen

[edit on 7-6-2007 by Foppezao]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
HAHAHA the US lose its status as a world power would mean the obliteration of humanity. You think they would let the world prosper without em? They'd go guns and nukes blazing to make sure if theyre gone so is everyone else.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Iran is the deciding factor. Ive been saying it for YEARS, that once iran is engaged it will signal the beginning of the end.

russia has interests with iran, and china has a miliatary pact with russia now.
putin has publicly stated that attacking iran would be a very bad move for us.

the real problem is, its alot worse in iraq than most people think, including the underground. the us machine has nearly come to a halt.

our equipment is malfunctioning, breaking down, and being destroyed. there are not enough troops or equipment to maintain this much longer, and if we do, it will bankrupt our country either way. we'd be doing great if the newly created pipeline was funding the country, but its not. the oil is funding into private hands.

they are the leaders of our country, and they are selling us all out, to speed up the decline of our country. if our forces are nearly defeated (we control 1/3 bagdad after 5 years of fighting) the only option left will be to drop nukes. at least in the eyes of our controllers. they cannot accept total defeat. however, they dont mind if the american people are defeated. it is just a matter of time before the pre-scripted ww3 scenario happens. many suggest it will be 2011 to 2012. it could be sooner. i believe it will begin once iran is engaged, then escalate from there. we already have turkey coming into the conflict. once iran is engaged, various other interests will come into the conflict.

top topics

join