It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous Roller Shoes

page: 1

join
share:
MBF

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   

CHICAGO - Accidents from trendy roller shoes are far more numerous than previously thought, contributing to roughly 1,600 emergency room visits last year, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Wednesday.
MSNBC

I see kids everywhere I go with these shoes. I can't go to a store without having to dodge kids rolling past me. Parents should see the danger to the other people in the stores be fore allowing their kids to wear them. From the first time I saw them, I wondered how long it would be before some store would face a lawsuit for allowing them to be used in their store resulting in injuries.

MSNBC

ABC

Some malls are banning the use on their property and I am glad to see that. My mother had a stroke 16 years ago and is paralyzed on one side. Most of the time she is in a wheelchair, but if she has to get out of her wheelchair for some reason and is just bumped by one of these kids on the roller shoes she will fall and may break bones. Parents should use common sense in allowing their kids to use these shoes and should not allow their use around other people.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
These "shoes" in my opinion where the worst things invented. How lazy do kids need to be now days that they need wheels in their shoes? I mean come on. How fat do kids need to be today?

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
You guys sound like a grumpy neighbor screaming at kids "get off my lawn".
My kids have heelies and they seem to be safe as anything else with wheels.
My little boys skateboard is way more dangerous.
There are a lot more dangerous things to worry about like parents driving skills.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I totally see where you are coming fom on this one.

in Hong Kong these roller shoes are still quite popular, but not as popular as the were a few years ago, every little weasel was flying around on them.

I think that it was a group of parents and shoe people that put most of the stop on them, they managed to get the message out: that these roller shoes make kids walk funny!

I think they ere saying that they were similar to ladies walking in high heels because they have to balance on the balls of their feet, which is worse for youngster as their bones aren't completely formed.

Common sence, will prevail, but it takes a while to fillter through to the numpties! i still see the odd muppet flying around the local upermarket on these deathtraps.

Monkey

top topics

join