It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange experience of mine, not sure where it fits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
well, ok here is the story. the following events happened (if i recall correctly) on the evening of friday october 19th 2006. i was at my friend adam foley's house on long pond (part of the "bridgewater triangle") having a jam session. i looked out the window sometime during the jam in the afternoon, and being quite adept at weather forcasting, could tell that some bad weather was on the way. at around 5:30 PM, a horrific wind storm kicked up with winds around 30-50 mph. in less than half an hour, the power went out. this ended our jam, so we decided to go outside and walk around the neighborhood. it was VERY dark and windy, and some heavy items had been tossed into the middle of the road. across the pond, the houses on the other side had their lights flickering rapidly because of the wind storm. after wandering around the lakeside neighborhood for about an hour, we noticed a light on the road coming toward us very slowly from about 200 feet away. we had seen a few cars on the road during that evening, but for some reason, we ran away from that one and headed toward the pond's beach (which is moderately wooded). i still cant remember why, but we hid behind the trees at the beach. sure enough, after about two minutes the vehicle pulled up alongside the beach, making no noise whatsoever. we knew this was no car, but we couldn't make it out because it was 7 PM in october with very thick clouds and a neighborhood with no lights on. we suspected it was a person or a bike, but it seemed to be larger than a minivan. it went back and forth on the road next to the beach, noiseless, with very bright headlights turned to the left scanning the beach. at times, it moved as if it were multiple vehicles and not one. it stayed there for more than 10 minutes scanning the trees in the beach where we were hiding before it left. once it did leave, adam and i waited a moment and then ran to the t-intersection where it headed in an attempt to follow it. the vehicle had been moving very slowly and you could see each way down the intersection fairly far, but we saw no trace of the vehicle (it had very bright headlights). i havent even got to the weirrd part yet. adam and i walked back to the road adjacent to the beach where to vehicle was, hoping to learn something. we began talking, and then over the lake, i saw the strangest thing i will ever hope to see. this is what i saw:

looking east-northeast across the pond from the north-facing beach, on the horizon i saw an extremely bright flickering of a very large portion of the sky. this was like seeing a flicker of a lightning bolt on the horizon, except much MUCH brighter and it was a variety of colors. it flickered about 10 colors in about 1 and a half seconds and then stopped. it was much too bright to have been anything man made, and there was no possible way this was lightning.

i immediately turned adam around, who was facing the wrong way. he had turned too late and hadn't seen it. very fortunately, the same thing occured AGAIN. adam immediately yelled something along the lines of "holy f***ing sh*t,". once sure i wasn't hallucinating (or the only one anyway) we began to run away as fast as our legs could carry us. my mind was racing, and i could tell i had little conscious control over my body. one thing was apparent: i was scared out of my mind. out of about 30 seconds of sprinting, we both realized that we were fools from running away from something so (for lack of a better word) amazing. i looked past the houses and trees of the neighborhood and saw that portion of the sky flicker again. we ran back to the beach, but about 10 seconds before we got there, the sky flickered for the last time. we just sat at the beach for about half an hour hoping to see it again. during that time, we noticed a very large number of jets fill the night sky toward where we saw the phenomena. they seemed to be coming from the east, toward otis airforce base on cape cod. vv continued below vv

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
we now realized we weren't the only ones who saw it. we also began seeing some very odd lights in the sky behaving strangely. because of this, we ran back to adam's house to fetch adam's digital video camera to record the peculiar lights we were seeing. after about two minutes, we returned to find about 6 people standing on the beach where we were moments before. once they heard us approach, they all scattered radially, one of them passing strangely close to me and snickering. we then stood on the beach recording the lights in the sky. i will describe the three most notable lights, though few were caught on tape. appearing on the north-northeast horizon i saw a large orange-red fire ball appear suddenly moving little and then fading. this was caught on tape only as a white dot. another one appeared in the same general area and hovered around for while, flickered, and dissappeared to the right in a long horizontal line of light. the third was only seen when we later re-examined the tape and makes it very clear that this is not a conventional aircraft. while keeping the camera fixed on one of the jets, a dot can be seen appearing below the jet and ascending diagonally upward very quickly relative to the jet. after that, we saw little else, and the wind storm eventually calmed down and the power returned to the neighborhood. interestingly, the houses on the other side of the pond still had flickering house lights after more than two hours of power trouble.

on a separate note, the previous two years on almost EXACTLY the same date (+/- two days), i had also seen strange lights in the sky in carver, massachusetts (the same direction as the phenomena seen this strange night). we have burned the camera footage to DVD but have yet to upload to the internet. when we do, i will post a link. neither me nor adam know what exactly we saw that night, but we do know one thing: we will never forget it.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
hey jmakobi,

Have you tried posting this in the UFO section?
The guys there might be able to give you an explanation..or even better you might meet someone who might have experienced or saw what you witnessed.
Theyre quite helpful

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
haha ya that might be a good idea

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Sounds definitely UFO related. i.e. The car that didn't behave like a car, the light show, the orange ball etc. Some major UFO experiences have all these elements. I met an abductee once who experienced very similar with some friends. Their incident also included stars that hung low in the sky and appeared to hold entities and a taxi that, to them, "definitely wasn't a taxi."

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Definately should be posted in the UFO section. Maybe a moderator could move it?

Can't wait to see the video. Please make haste in uploading it!!

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
That is definitely UFO related.

Pretty interesting, too.

top topics

join