It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

need/want to be inspired? watch these

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
first let me say sorry cause i don't know how to imbed...i tried but it didn't work. these are all safe...i chopped them/edited them myself.

i see we have some musicians/guitarists here so i wanted to toss out a few of my favorite solo's.

they are all zappa.
this one is from stockholm sweden in 1973. it was cold out there(hence the clothes)...anyway, this is an improvised solo to 'montana'...zappa comes in with the attack at the 3 minute or so mark but i chopped it so you guys can see him come in and out without the whole performance...this is just the improvised solo....this is my absolute favorite guitar solo out of any that i have seen.
www.youtube.com...

this is italy 1982. it's 'stevies spanking'. it was a duel between zappa and vai but i chopped vai's portion out of this just for size. so this is zappa taking his first shot, then i chopped out vai and zappa comes back in. you will see the transition.
www.youtube.com...

'cosmic debris' improved solo. very short but it gets real tight om his hands and you can see his trills and such.
www.youtube.com...

this is 'watermelon in easter hay' from 1988. probably one of the most beautiful solo's ever composed....dweezil says he can't listen to this song without crying.
www.youtube.com...

this is 'stinkfoot' from 1974. again, very short but you can see some great stuff
www.youtube.com...

'whippin post'...this is great cause you get in tight on his picking hand...dweezil called franks style 'the chicken vs the spider'...zappa did not pick every note. if he picked 3 then he fretted 6...you can really see that in this solo
www.youtube.com...

this is 'chungas revenge' from 1980. just a killer solo
www.youtube.com...

just wanting to inspire some people and maybe turn them onto new stuff. i edited a couple 'tribute' vids together for fun so if you want to watch those, here they are

buckethead
www.youtube.com...

captain beefheart
www.youtube.com...

frank(10 minutes)
www.youtube.com...

jack white
www.youtube.com...

enjoy guys.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
nobody?