It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CB2 Infant Android

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

On June 1, researchers from Osaka University’s Graduate School of Engineering unveiled a robot that acts like a human infant, which they hope may one day help scientists better understand the child development process.

The researchers have named the baby robot “CB2,” and for now, it is designed to function as a 1- to 2-year-old child.

SOURCE:
Pink Tentacle

This is a very interesting robot/android, and will helpfully give us a better understanding
of both childhood development as well as Artificial Intelligence development.

This is actually one of the few robots I've seen lately that actually looks human,
that is one of the few androids developed.

Comments, Opinions?

[edit on 6/1/2007 by iori_komei]

Mod Edit: Removed portion of copy/paste to meet these requirements: "If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites that supports the thread; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as it relates to the thread."

[edit on 4-6-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Im waiting for a model that can do the shopping and fix my car lori!Ive been reading alot of Poul Anderson lately and his character robots can do anything.But i guess we have to start somewhere!

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
One of the most interesting approaches in robotics has been to examine learning processes from the standpoint of a human child. Several child-like robots have been made, but they're really only partial bodies. This is the first full-bodied model I've seen.

Heh. I may have to learn to read Japanese!

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Uber COOL! Does anybody know if it has red rocket boots, laser fingers and a machine gun in his backside? They should model it to look like this:
www.ala.org...

[edit on 3-6-2007 by orthisguyoverhere]

[edit on 3-6-2007 by orthisguyoverhere]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
they mislabel these "learning" robots as if they even closely represent the processes of cognition. we can teach sign language to a gorilla but we can't build a code that can actually learn anything.

machine learning - actual info on the field en.wikipedia.org...

edit: the thing has three fingers. what?

[edit on 6-4-2007 by forsakenwayfarer]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Just found some video of the CB2, impressive yet unimpressive at the same time.

[edit on 6/4/2007 by iori_komei]

Mod Edit: Fixed bad video link.

[edit on 5-6-2007 by UM_Gazz]

new topics

top topics

join