It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traces of Cocaine in the air in Rome (Among others)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Scientists looking at the air in Rome have discovered traces of coc aine, marijuana, caffeine, and tobacco. In a shocking find the concnetrations of drugs was highest around Sapienza university

Its unclear what health hazards these pollutants would cause and the amounts are in the nanogram levels. I wonder how the caffine got there?

There's something in the air in Rome: coc aine

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Facinating stuff! I never would have guessed they would be able to "drug test" the air. I wonder what they could find if they tested outside Bush's house

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
Facinating stuff! I never would have guessed they would be able to "drug test" the air. I wonder what they could find if they tested outside Bush's house

can you test the air for Denial?

JbT

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This is kind of fascinating.

So, you mean to tell me they can just test the air around any given area and see what drugs are present?

Why would they not use this in more large scale drug busting fashion?

As in, why dont they go around city industrial sites and see where the Meth levels are real high, then bust the opperation that must be close?

Fascinating.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Im not sure but it seems like a possibility JbT.

But, so many factors like wind etc would also play into it. Id be surprised if they could narrow it down to a single house, but maybe a general area?

Some airports have that air chamber where they sample the air pulled off of you and can detect explosives. (I have used it twice at the Federal reserve in Philly and at the CN Tower in Toronto.

This would be less concentrated

[edit on 5/31/07 by FredT]

JbT

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
As I read it more, it seems that they were just studying if say Nicotine and Caffine is suspended in the air after use. Which is shocking kind of if the levels where not so small, becuase they are staying in the air we breath.

They just then happened to notice that Coke and other drugs also stayed suspended in the air we breath.

I guess on very small levels most people have done most drugs! Imagine that. Essecially if you went to post secondary by this study! High School has a whole new meaning, lol, oh man they joke could keep on rolling out im sure.

new topics

top topics

join